rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well talk about good timing on the way home from the babysitter my little man and i where talking about chickens (the babysitter's chickens where out.) When we got home he started watching The Magic School Bus it was a episode about chickens.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I just bought a camera off a friend I went to school with and I have ben having some fun with it.
_MG_5309.JPG
IMG_5307.JPG
IMG_5332.JPG
IMG_5337.JPG
IMG_5355.JPG

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
use to do photography in high school but I haven't had time to keep up with it so I'm a little out of practice.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I did a small harvest off my garden
_MG_5525.JPG
_MG_5526.JPG

with the storm we had I was expecting less. Between the hail, the grasshoppers, and the heat I lost everything in my pallet garden and my little man's garden so I need to figure something out for next year. We also have a strip of gravel between our drive and the neighbors fence so I might talk advantage of that and put a container garden there.
So what is everyone's favorite way of pest control when you bring your bounty inside. Mine is a sink of cold water with a little bit of apple cider vinegar, I just put all the produce in and let the earwigs die then when I remember I have a sink of produce I swish it around and rinse every thing off before putting it in a basket or using it. I have a terrible memory
_MG_5536.JPG