rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I'm coming it the realization that my little girl is already spoiled rotten. This isnt even a quarter of her clothes. (Little man for scale)
0619191428.jpg
Her aunt has apparently done 4 loads of laundry that is just baby clothes and has more to do.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love yard sales! We got a camp stove, camp shower, clothes, a rocker for our little girl, movies, a gaming consol with games all for under $20.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So we have some fun driving coming up next month. We are going on a 12 hour road trip out to Washington to go visit some of my boyfriends family. I have a love hate relationship with this trip. I want to go and meet everyone but I don't want to be in our truck for 12 hours its going to be so uncomfortable. Then to have even more fun next year ether in January or February we are taking about a 20 hour road trip to California to see his dad. My boyfriend wants to fly but I'm going to try to convenience him to drive. I'm not doing to take a 3 to 4 month old on a plane, I know it would be a whole lot faster but I'm not going to make my little girl suffer or everyone else on the flight. My dad and step mom also live about 3 hours from his dad and I know they are going to want to see my little girl. Then my sister and her husband are another 1-2 hours from my dad and I haven't seen them for a few years.
(edited because i cant math)

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I was dreading a road trip when my DS4 was 3 months old. I was dreading it before he was even born! We drove from WI to MT/WY out that way towards you. There was one bad stretch going up into the mountains, I think it was in the Bozeman, MT area and we weren't able to stop. He cried that whole way, it was awful. I sat in the back seat and held his hand and cried with him. :'( But the rest of the trip was awesome! I didn't expect to actually have fun on a road trip with a baby!

I hope you have a good experience too!

Road trip during second pregnancy sounds much worse. Ouch! Make him stop frequently so you can stretch your legs and hips!