Rolling on the floor.....

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
That is funny.
Does it at least have pretty pictures to look at?
The pictures are lovely!! Very very wealthy people with biiiiig houses and posh furniture. The ads are for brokers, gold, and expensive vacations.

Gads, some days you just wish for one good smack down!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
You mean they don't show a family of 5 living in a 1100 square foot home, with a worn out carpet, a blanket on the couch to protect it from cat hair, canning jars stacked in assorted boxes along one wall, mismatched scatter rugs everywhere, to protect the underlying floor from the mud being tracked through the house by dogs and kids and a worn out formica kitchen counter top? :lol:

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On Our own said:
Laughing! :lol:

Got a gift subscription to Money magazine from a family member who is "concerned" about my attitude towards money...
I keep looking, but I cannot find the Kool-Aid recipe!!! :lol:
:yuckyuck :gig

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
You mean they don't show a family of 5 living in a 1100 square foot home, with a worn out carpet, a blanket on the couch to protect it from cat hair, canning jars stacked in assorted boxes along one wall, mismatched scatter rugs everywhere, to protect the underlying floor from the mud being tracked through the house by dogs and kids and a worn out formica kitchen counter top? :lol:
I just looked up from the computer:5 boxes of canning jars to find a home for, no carpet - when it wore out I put wood down, blanket on couch - check, throw rugs for mud - check, kids - check....

Nice to know I belong here on S S

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
FD, when did you sneak into my house? This is an EXACT description, except we have 1400 sq ft. Measure more carefully next time. :lol:

And were you the one who kicked that one box of jars into the center of the kitchen, with the flaps open, so I trip on it everytime I fly through at a run?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Too funny! I think ya'll are descibing my house, only I don't have wood floors just a worn out carpet that I want to replace. And we moved the laundry room to the back bathroom so i would have room for my canning supplies and canners and canned goods....

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:yuckyuck :lol:

I thought I was the only one left with a formica counter top. :p
No way - our house still has the original "fermented dog vomit green" formica counters from when it was built in 1972 or 1973.

And while I would not mind someday redoing the kitchen, it's not because of the countertops :p

Pat, whose canning jar boxes are in the corner of the kitchen and has 1200 sq ft but otherwise the description fits here too :)