Rolling on the floor.....

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My counter tops are pink, the jars are under the counter, and my FIL has been known to call at 6am to give us our stock tips for the day. :rolleyes: Scottrade has been the best thing for his retirment, the worst thing for my sleep.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Jamsoundsgood said:
My counter tops are pink, the jars are under the counter, and my FIL has been known to call at 6am to give us our stock tips for the day. :rolleyes: Scottrade has been the best thing for his retirment, the worst thing for my sleep.
No one would ever marry my BIL but you musta cause we have the same FIL!!!!!

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I should have put a bit of a caveat in that. Sometimes a funny line while get the better of me. My FIL is convinced that we need to make a lot of money and that the fastest way to make it is in the stock market. Why should we make the money? So we can buy more land, a dairy cow or two and build our dream house. He studies the market constantly not so he can die rich, but so he can help us achieve our goals of ss. How cool is he? I just wish he wouldn't call me at 6am. I have sleep issues. I also wish he'd actually make some real money at it instead of just play fake accounts. Man, we'd be sitting pretty, 'cause he's pretty good at it.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
You mean they don't show a family of 5 living in a 1100 square foot home, with a worn out carpet, a blanket on the couch to protect it from cat hair, canning jars stacked in assorted boxes along one wall, mismatched scatter rugs everywhere, to protect the underlying floor from the mud being tracked through the house by dogs and kids and a worn out formica kitchen counter top? :lol:
Now that's MY magazine!! (And house.... almost, family of 3 and less than 1000 square feet and the carpet starting coming out yesterday-wahoo!!!) :lol: :cool:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I don't have little kids running through my house anymore and I think our house is bigger than 1100 sq ft. The rugs used to be white, but with always bringing animals in the house, including chickens that require nursing and the occasional visiting child spilling cranberry juice on the rug, well....you can use your imagination on what "color" it is now :lol:
Puppies and a rabbit have chewed on the furniture and rugs...
The house is falling apart due to neglect and old age...
It is not our house, it belongs to FIL....
Stepson is the "kid" who makes messes and wrecks things, he's 18 :rolleyes:
So we are waiting for him to move out, before we start replacing things and fixing things :p

Oh and MIL decorated the place in the 70's. It was nice then. It is old and worn out now, especially the purple shag rug in the bedroom :lol:
Did I mention the fake wall panelling? :gig

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Did they have any pictures like this. I could submit this one I took this morning.

1683_100_7691.jpg

It is raining and I am trying to dry my jeans on the chickpen, wouldn't you? Oh and the chicks are bored, because they can't go outside....

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You jeans may dry on the chicken pen, but I doubt they'll end up clean. :p

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Nope, they are no longer clean :lol: but they are are clean enough to go out and clean out the hen house :gig

And it sure was worth the laughs :lol: :gig

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What we really need to do is forget about Money Magazine and start our own! We'll call it Ain't Got No Money Magazine!!!!