ROOSMOM'S JOURNAL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
interesting roos
I never saw that before. I bet it would be painful...frost bite is serious business.
Good thing they have you to provide some heat from that light! :) winter weather and animals is hard to deal wtih I am sure!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream said:
roosmom said:
How many travel doggie carriers will I need? I have 41 chickens..........:lol:
Lets see, I have 50 +/- chickens of which 8 are roos. 2 birds per carrier = 25 carriers for me and if you get 1 big pet carrier that will hold 3 chickens you can get by with 20.

With all that in mind I am thinking it might be best to charter a private drug smuggling plane and pilot. That way we can forgo the quarantine time and vaccinations. This will also eliminate those nasty layovers. I will get to work on that immediately since I live close to the Southern coast and we will just fly up and pick you up. To heck with the cost. We will pay in eggs. LOL
OMG :lol:

I will await further instructions :weee i am going to be free and WARM!!!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
roos

over in "weather" thread you said you had a "woodstove fire" last night in the house?

what happened and is all fine??????

you can't just say that and leave me hanging...I assume everything is OK? HOPE SO!

my goodness gal, between that FREEZE weather and your hot hot stove, something has to give..lol

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am sorry......
The outside house that holds the woodstove caught the roof on fire. Hubby will not let me post a pic of it. Anyway, yes we are ok, he rebuilt the roof sunday. Thank god it was outside!! I will try not to post stuff like that again!
:D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am glad everything is ok and that DH was able to make the neccessary repairs!! What are doing for heat now? Or is the woodstove ok?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh sorry about the damage but thank goodness outside. Cool

scary though isn't it...anything with fire scares me.

be safe and glad all is repairable and the holidays are not ruined! good news!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Sorry about the fire - but Lordy, it could have been so much worse.
Sure am glad all is well and Hubby was able to fix it.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I try to read everyones journal when I first get on here after posting to the threads that are new. My journal is the last stop.

Been snowing since yesterday. Thats ok. At Least it is not below zero. I decided that next year, I will asK whoever draws my name at the office christmas party to just pick a name off the giving tree. The giving tree gives needy families items around the holidays.
I came home yesterday and blew out twelve eggs. I divided that into threes and painted them.
I bought the mega millions lotto tickets (5) and 25 instant tickets. This will all be divided between 5 family members. I bought some Christmas cards for $6. I bought my son socks, underwear, leather gloves, body wash and deodorant. That was the extent of my christmas shopping. Of course, I will tell the family members who get the lotto tickets "It will not bother me if you win off the ticket I gave you, JUST PAY MY HOUSE OFF". I do not think that is much to ask.
Last evening, I made a peach pie, two homemade pumpkin pies (saved the real pumpkins from halloween!). My son made cranberry relish.....it is really good. I only bought one bag of cranberries tho, I hope it is enough. Everyone will just have to take two spoonfuls.
Tuesday I made my first ever batch of sugar cookies. But it was getting dark so I made my hubby and FIL bake them while I rubbed Vaseline into the roosters combs. They made all three batches turn out kinda crisp. Oh well, they tasted good, I also made chocolate chip cookies that same day, they turned out crispy. No one to blame but myself.
I am taking a pumpkin pie and the peach pie, the rolls I am baking this morning, applesauce I made this fall and pickles I made this spring all over to my IL's.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. GOD BLESS YOU AND MAY YOU BE
SURROUNDED BY YOUR LOVED ONES.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Homemade pumpkin pie and chocolate chip cookies sound so yummy!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Sounds like a busy week for you. You can send some of that pumpkin pie my way. (My first ever batch of sugar cookies were way crispy too. I finally figured out I cooked them to long). Oh well live and learn.

Hope you had a wonderful day at your IL's and I hope someone in your family wins with a lotto ticket and you get your house paid off.

Wouldn't that be a great way to start the New Year.