Pdr_1082.jpg

Some of the chickens in the covered run
Pdr_1075.jpg

Here is the micro enviroment I keep clean for the chickens
Pdr_1074.jpg

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Roosmom and PP - thanks for the info. I am using the wire to scramble I guess I just need more patience and practice. Plus I was using some older eggs. I was also using the syringe and needle to blow the eggs. Maybe just to much air to fast. I am determined to get this down so I will keep trying.

Roosmom - how deep is that snow? Thats one thing I would really like to have just once. (But only once) Is a really deep snow. But never going to happen here. I bet it does get frustrating to all of you that get it on a regular basis.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Using a nasal aspirator is NOT cheating!!! Using your mouth is GROSS!!! :p

Gorgeous chickens!! They all look so beautiful!! And I always love to see pics of hubby's working!! :lol:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Roo your chickens are gorgeous! I would love some good deep snow here too...we used to get it when I was little but we just don't get any anymore. We mostly just get rain. I wish my kids had some snow to play in, at least your chickens will go out in the snow...mine were terrified of it. We got about 1/2 in and they just kept flying around looking for dry ground...funny stuff.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream I think it is about 2 foot on the level. We used to get so much more when I was a child. Weather patterns sure have changed.

PP you are pregnant right? Well, blowing out a clean egg isnt any grosser than some of the other, uh hem, things that have managed to get into the (your) mouth :lol:

After I posted on here and showed the pics of OH blowing the snow, it started raining the next day. Thank god he got rid of the snow before the rain, and thank god I cleaned the roofs off too. That would have been some wet heavy snow
Pdr_1085.jpg

Pdr_1084.jpg

Here is a pic of three different size eggs
Pdr_1010.jpg

This is ROO after I rubbed Vaseline on his comb, he looks miserable doesnt he?
Pdr_1011.jpg

I will say that Some other friends of mine told me to use Triple Antibiotic Ointment instead and it has helped much more than the Vaseline did on his frostbite.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wanted to post this pic of my motorbike. If any of you happen to see one just like it PLEASE contact me. No it is not a Harley. It is a 1987 Honda Rebel. They only made them in 86 and 87, then they were sued by Harley cuz they looked so much alike. Here is my fake Harley

Pdr_0114-1.jpg

I took a three day course to get my cycle endorsement. It was grueling. I need a few parts before I can ride it back and forth to work. A regulator and a stator. Lucky for me my dad is looking down at all the flea markets and meets in Florida! I hope he finds them!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Roosmom, I took that course a few years back. And you are right it is grueling. But the most fun I had in years. Still won't ride alone other than just up and down the street occasionally. I told my DH I am just afraid to go off on the bike by myself. If I dropped that thing I would never be able to picke it up. Kwasaki 800. I would love to have a much smaller bike for myself. I love your Rebel. Have not seen one around here but will put the word out to my DH's riding buddies. Hope you find the parts you need because that bike is just way to awsome to not be fixed. I am going to write down your needs and give to DH to pass around.

Edited to add: I just did a quick internet search. There is a regulator on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Regu...9270979QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Roo, your chickens are beautiful!!! I love it when people post pics of their livestock and houses. The snow is lovely and I wish we had some....I know, I know... :smack :hide We have been having some record highs in my state..yesterday in some areas it was 75 degrees! We only got to about 65 but the flock loved it and I soaked up some major sunshine while watching CTV(chicken tv).

What breed is your roo? BO?