ROOSMOM'S JOURNAL

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
PP you are pregnant right? Well, blowing out a clean egg isnt any grosser than some of the other, uh hem, things that have managed to get into the (your) mouth

*****Uh hem. I can guarentee you I did NOT get pg by anything being put into MY mouth!!!!:lol:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Beautiful chickens ROO!! That poor roo does look miserable!
I hope you can find your motorcycle parts!
My Aunt did the three day course too.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Roo, PM or email me your addy! I have 10 hand blown with the nasal aspirator :lol: duck eggs for you!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well it has been a heck of a week. I do not dare ask if anything else can happen.
We lost our side by side fridge last Wednesday. Freezer on bottom still worked, fridge quit. We hauled out everything that needed to be kept cold and put it outside.
On Friday we called the place we bought it from, they switched us to the people who built it and then the people who built it set us up for an appt this week on Thursday. We told them that there was medicine that needed to be kept cold. So they made the appt for Tuesday. Woo woo :rolleyes:
The milk froze, not solid but it had ice chunks in it. On Sunday, the temp dropped to -21 :ep . I had to throw out the medicine because it cannot get below 36F.
Repairman came yesterday, tore it apart, and found out the fan wasnt working. He said that this fridge was good for that. Because they wanted to build a GREEN fridge, they skimped on the fan that circulates the cold air. He has ordered us the proper fan size. It will be here Friday. My new meds are here (takes 24 hrs to get them) and they can be left out on the counter. Gee, If I had known that, I wouldnt have put them outside to FREEZE!
My chickies arent doing real hot with the below 0 weather. The frostbite is not healing up real well :hit . It is healing, just really slowly. I found out why ralphies frostbite is actually doing worse.he decided to stay OUTSIDE in the run for a few nights :barnie . Well, now we are locking them ALL in the coop at night.
Have been going toe to toe with the hubby about different things.
Developed a toothacheshooting pains along my jaw. Cant afford to get the two teeth pulled causing the pain. Have to protect the tooth from hot and cold after the swelling goes down. Anyway, so
HOW IS EVERYONE ON HERE?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
roos
good to hear from you....I was going to start asking where you were!

wow gal you sure had it rough. your weather is so harsh....I am surprised those chickens are just frozen solid now. I feel for you. Our southern weather is so easy compared to what you guys have to deal with.

toothache....holy MOLEY....get it molars..HA HA HA----bad joke I am sure when you are hurting. You best start saving money to get those teeth worked on cause like I know, they never get better by themselves. Just know that you will have to deal with it before it comes to dropping down on your knees...LOL...I know, I hate the dentist and always take the pain too far, stupid me..LOL

hang in there gal!

ow &^% on the fridge. my fridge is frozen up in the ice maker area. I need to take all of it out, unplug and let sit for the day, let everything unfreeze, clean and put it back together. I don't want to do it either but alot of ice on the bottom part of the freezer...like 1 inch thick....cleaned it out but it still wants to do it. It did this before and I fixed it and it hasn't done it in over 2 years or so....but here we go again. More work, more pain in the.....---you know..HA HA

take care and hope that mouth gets better!!!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
roosmom said:
Developed a toothacheshooting pains along my jaw. Cant afford to get the two teeth pulled causing the pain. Have to protect the tooth from hot and cold after the swelling goes down. Anyway, so HOW IS EVERYONE ON HERE?
Until you can get medical help. Cut a large clove of garlic in half. Put the cut half against the tooth. If necessary, use both halves at once. LEAVE IT THERE. When the pain is gone, you can remove the garlic and brush your teeth. It works and will even reduce swelling.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
HUGS!!!
Swishing for as long as you can with peroxide can also help alleviate some of the pain.

That sucks about the fridge!!

-21!!!!!!!:ep :ep That is COLD!!!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
roosmom said:
PP, did you get my PM?
YEP!! Thanks! Not sure when I will be able to get them out now since I am on bedrest. I am going to see if DH can drop them off to the PO on Saturday when he goes out. No, need to send anything back in return! Just post some pics of how they come out will be awesome!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I agree with FC, save up to get that tooth fixed. It you let it go too long you can get into some major problems. :hugs for the pain.

Yikes!! -21 degrees? That's not fit for man nor beast. I know I complain about our southern humidity, but I'll take it over major cold any day.

Stinks about the fridge. Hope you can get it fixed.

I really hope the rest of your week is better. :fl