ROOSMOM'S JOURNAL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
keljonma said:
I hear ya about getting away, RM! I hadn't seen my son, daughter or my grands in a year when I went last October to visit in Texas. I had the best time and got to meet Luk, my gs born in June 2008. I just wish my dh could have gone..... he stayed home to take care of the animals and work. Though, truth be told, he doesn't do well with inactivity... :D

.... February will be here before you know it! Enjoy!
I here ya on the inactivity thing, OH doesnt either.

AND what does the last sentence on your post mean :p ????? The weather will be the same here thru til the middle of April :barnie

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you sure didn't rant at all Roos
I know exactly how you feel. We truly get bogged down and we must have mental release. We must have fun in our lives or we go downhill---I sure did. I had my crazy times definitely. Stress will ball up and you can go looney! You need more than a few weekends of fun per year...that is what I did and I realize it is not enough.

I am saving money everywhere...everywhere I can thru the electricity bill to groceries, to recycle and free things to keep money for some FUN TIMES! Yea they don't have to always cost money but somehow they do..HA HA...but you need time to get away.

I hear ya! Your post sounded like how I felt many many times....so vacations for me are coming if I have to rip my hair out to get them....HA HA...well I hope I don't have to go that far..LOL

You do it for yourself. You plan what you can when you can. I do now...Tony doesn't even question it anymore, he just goes along for the ride and ends up having a blast too! :)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just lost my job yesterday :hit . Laid off indefinitely. I can try to bump someone because I have twelve years seniority. OR I can look for a diff job, but it has to have insurance. Remember the insurance question? Well, my meds cost $2500 a month and now I have no insurance.
When one door closes, god opens another one.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Gosh Roosmom. That is terrible. I am not sure what you do so I don't know how tough it will be in your area to find another job.
Trying to decide to bump someone else who needs a job just as bad as you do is a tough one also. But with you medical bills I think I would have to bump someone if at all possible. With 12 years seniority on your side that might be the best way to go.
I don't know, I am just rambling because I don't really know what else to say. Really sorry.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
roosmom said:
I just lost my job yesterday :hit . Laid off indefinitely. I can try to bump someone because I have twelve years seniority. OR I can look for a diff job, but it has to have insurance. Remember the insurance question? Well, my meds cost $2500 a month and now I have no insurance.
When one door closes, god opens another one.
:hugs Sorry to hear that RM! I would definitely have to pray about that one... such a tough decision.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:hugs How are you doing RM??? Have you found anther job yet?? :hugs

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Hey, RM. I missed that you got laid off. This economy sure stinks. I really hope you are able to work something out.

Be sure and check in with us.