Rooster done went Loco

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My rooster has done went crazy. I walked in the chicken yard and he attacked my boot twice. Then he came for a third time but I kicked him (not hard). I went to go and get the some food and there he is standing at the door. I walked past him and he attacked my other boot. I said I don't know what's gotten into you but I'll fix your ass. I grabbed my big fishing net and netted him, grabbed his back legs and tossed over the fence.

He has never attacked me before and always been a gentle giant. My granddaughters would pick him up and hold him, carry him around with no problems.

I don't know what's gotten in to him. But he ain't too smart. This hay round is about as high as the chicken yard fence and is very close to the fence. All he would have to do is jump a little and he could be sleeping in the coop with the ladies.
IMG_20200331_224744.jpg

He is kind of old, 4 years now. But he sure was full of piss and vinegar when I grabbed him and tossed him over the fence.

What you think has gotten into him to be acting like this now?

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'd say spring but in my experience they get more mellow with age.

Are they new boots? I have to be careful with patterns or even hens will take a go at mine.

I had a pair of pj bottoms that were earthy browns and greens with deer on them. Small white spots here and there. The chickens were terrified of those. None of them got over it. They would see them and flee.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'd say spring but in my experience they get more mellow with age.

Are they new boots? I have to be careful with patterns or even hens will take a go at mine.

I had a pair of pj bottoms that were earthy browns and greens with deer on them. Small white spots here and there. The chickens were terrified of those. None of them got over it. They would see them and flee.

Same old boots... You just might be on to something... He might have that spring fever, strutting around putting his mojo on the hens. But he needs to simmer down or he's going in the pressure cooker. I ain't having no mean rooster around.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My old hen was attacking my garden gloves just now when I was weeding! Crazy chicken disease going 'round or something? 🤣 I just figured shes going senile, an old chook.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a roo who once took issue with my red silky pj's. Yeah... they were real flashy, with nice pretty flowers all over them. When he came at me, I would have killed him if I'd been able to catch him. Instead, I chased him around the yard, flailing at him with a stick, and screaming like a banshee. He incited me to copious bouts of foul language. He and I spent the next few weeks engaged in aerobic exercise and sprints. He now yields to my awesome presence, and stays arm's length away, which is as it should be.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My rooster has done went crazy. I walked in the chicken yard and he attacked my boot twice. Then he came for a third time but I kicked him (not hard). I went to go and get the some food and there he is standing at the door. I walked past him and he attacked my other boot. I said I don't know what's gotten into you but I'll fix your ass. I grabbed my big fishing net and netted him, grabbed his back legs and tossed over the fence.

He has never attacked me before and always been a gentle giant. My granddaughters would pick him up and hold him, carry him around with no problems.

I don't know what's gotten in to him. But he ain't too smart. This hay round is about as high as the chicken yard fence and is very close to the fence. All he would have to do is jump a little and he could be sleeping in the coop with the ladies.
View attachment 13569

He is kind of old, 4 years now. But he sure was full of piss and vinegar when I grabbed him and tossed him over the fence.

What you think has gotten into him to be acting like this now?
That's crazy indeed... Maybe its in heat? you know a lot of animals do crazy thing especially when they are in heat, as a matter of fact, I can say the same for all of us. :D:D:D

Latest posts