Rotten News! :(

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well darn, but hey, you have the right attitude. You will be alright thinking this way. I'm speaking from experience here.
It does sound like Tony's employer is trying to make things work. That's a positive. So many places can't do that or won't.

You just keep coming here for support or whatever you need.

Hoping for the best for you guys.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks prarie
yea being a farmer girl I been thru rough times. 2 AM in the morning, freezing cold, trying to save frozen 1/2 dead kids.....you know that kind of stuff...HA HA

we do what we have to do is the moral of the story. I will do what I have to do.

I think it all hits home at once. Tony has his heart catherization on Friday, I hear his work stinks again, then it is good in a way cause he has time off for medical stuff.....but too much at once. I think that is what gets me...just too much at once. But tackle one thing at a time is best :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
times are strange out there...you can feel it in the air!
Exactly!!!

As things go on, and if they get worse, more people are going to be looking to sell stuff. If you have things you can do without, sell them NOW before the market gets flooded. Ebay, craigslist, garage sale, flea market...whatever.

Take that money you get from dumping stuff and pay off any credit cards. If you have money left, use it to buy non-perishable goods, a deep freezer, or other things that will help you stock up and cushion any economic weirdness.

Barter and trade with friends and coworkers. Business cards for car repair, fresh eggs for babysitting, etc... The more people you network with, the more opportunities you will find.

Learn to do as much as you can for yourself. Take a free class at Lowes or Home Depot on how to fix plumbing. Get a Chilton's manual for your car. Get a basic electronics kit and learn how to solder. The more you can do for yourself the less you will have to pay out of pocket to essential repairs.

That's all I could think of to start. I am sure there are more things I could be doing.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:hugs Sorry to hear about Tony getting all the time off....but, I see the other side of this because I know you were talking about him quitting and seeing if you can make it by farming full time and I see this as a way for you to get your feet wet and see if you can while you still have the safety net of insurance and a part time job. Everything WILL workout!! You are strong and you WILL make it no matter what happens with his job!!

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well I'm sorry to hear that. I know you and Tony will pull through ok. It's just tough right now. Glad you can keep smiling! :hugs

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Tony's job situation. But, like someone else said, it seems to be coming at a good time for his body. Also that his company is working to keep him employed and with medical coverage which is so important.

You sound like me when it comes to HATING change and coming up with all of the what-ifs!

Keep us posted on his progress.