Sage's Hope Dog Soap - a fundraiser for my Service Dog's surgery

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
The soap is great and I love the little bag you made. I am passing the word around.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
2dream said:
The soap is great and I love the little bag you made. I am passing the word around.
Thanks for the good word! I do try my best to make a worthy product.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Got my soap yesterday in the mail!! :ya

Thanks so much for sending it along! Can't wait to hear more about Sage's recovery!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Whoot! I made $40 for Sage today by thinning my iris and selling the extras.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hey FF, we've washed the dogs a couple of times with the soap. Their straight hair gets so wavy and clean, it's a hoot looking at them.

And of course, the stupid pug wants to EAT the bar of soap.

Hug Sage for me!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Glad to here that you like it!

You gotta know ... the soap does smell yummy. :p

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score

Sage has just turned two years old. We are not at our surgery fund goal yet, but thanks to everyone's help we are slowly getting there.

I thought it was time for an update on Sage and his condition. Since finding out that he has hip dysplasia I have been taking multiple precautions with him. We avoid stairs where ever possible. (That part is pretty easy since I don't do stairs well either). I try to limit the stress on him as much as possible, for example we never go out to the stores etc more that twice in a week and then never two days in a row. Slick floors and the stress of him stabilizing me, plus the fact that I tire easily keeps us home. He has now only been asked to carry light packs. We are very extra careful anytime he must brace for me and bare my weight, such as assisting me up from a chair or other "down" position. Instead we try him bringing my cane first and then I can use that as an additional assist. Another more unusual precaution is that we keep the "feathers" on his back feet clipped. Since he is half Husky he has feet with very furry bottoms. Keeping all of that fur clipped away from his paw pads gives him better traction and he is less likely to slip or swivel. Because of the extra care he is getting he is still holding up pretty well. We seldom have pain and have not yet had a day were he can't work. I hope that we can get the surgery done before he has the secondary issues that usually accompany the dysplasia, such as arthritis and tendon damage.

Sage has also continued to add tasks to his skills list. Sage can now "answer" the phone if it rings, by bringing it to me. He assists me with laundry by picking up the dirty clothes and bringing them to me to put down the laundry chute. He can open both the refrigerator and freezer doors for me when my hands are too swollen to do that simple task. Sage also helps with the trash. He now carries the trash bags to the door after I tie them shut for him. He also helps by carrying the new liners to the cans, but that is just a fun task for him. Sage also can now use his feet for tasks. He is learning how to reach under the sofa for example and pull out an item that has rolled under there.

Recently I was having a very bad day. My husband had to go to work and I was going to have to be alone all day. Before he left for work, my husband made sure that Sage had bath-roomed and had his water and food bowls filled. Then he went on to work.

He was comfortable in the knowledge that if I needed anything Sage could help. If I got in trouble in some way Sage could bring the phone.

I was able to roll over in bed and rest. I felt safe because my buddy Sage was watching out for me. I knew if I needed to go to the bathroom I could make it there and back with Sage's help. There is nothing in the world as good as that feeling of security. Without my Sage that would not have been possible.

Thanks for your continued help.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad he's making good progress on his training and that he's holding his own for now.

Patch of Heaven

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FF do you have a web link that I could share about Sage and his story? I know lots of animal lovin people because of my line of work. I also have been told of a few organizations that help with vet bills for dogs with owners who could not afford them. I have never worked with them but I would certainly try to share with as many people and organizations as possible! Also if your state has a vet school they may perform the surgery at a lower rate than the normal rate. I had one of my rescues surgery done at our state vet school and it was 1/3 of what my routine vet would have charged. If you can email me pics or give me a link I will share it on my FB networking page. My email is jessica@humanela.org.

Hope Sage is doing well! :)