SALE ALERT - Turkey

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
It's on Like Donkey Kong OFG!!! :D

The way it usually works out here in Colorado is there is a flat rate price. Small turkey's are around $5, medium $6 and large $7. Per pound price ranges from 20-40.

Sometimes the stores require an additional purchase. Many times they don't. Some say you have to have the store discount card and you have a limit of 1 per size category.

Of course, since my hubby, my 2 sons and I all have different cards, that isn't a big issue :D
Wife, a heads up!
I saw this article and immediately thought of your post! LOL!
http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/167-nintendo-tries-to-trademark-popular-catchphrase

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Thanks for that link. Makes me appreciate my sales even more!!

Now...my turkey total as of today.....

10!

2 more to go :D

BUT...

The local food pantry needs turkeys. I may have to give up one or two if I can't manage to buy a few extras.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh golly.. i forgot to tell you.... we score 6 more last sunday. we used someone else's card and loaded up baby.

Bourbon Red will thank me in a couple weeks...i've got some with his name on them

;-)

and GREAT call on the food pantry
:)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I bought two more a couple days ago. I think I have 6 now. I will either need to plug in the other freezer or stop buying. Not sure I want to run the extra freezer for turkeys.

I guess I could can them. :idunno

I guess I should look that up.

g

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Was hoping to see someone found more great deals.

Mostly it's .69 to .99 here. The bitty little chain that sells super cheap meats (that I won't buy fresh meat or produce from because neither is very fresh -- has a couple bad experiences) has Jenni-O turkeys for .39, limit 1 w/$10 additional. I buy very little there though. They have an off-brand cheese puff for $1 that's very good (uses real cheese and real ingredients too) and their potatoes are the best - $1.99 for $10 -- twice what I paid before.

I won't be able to stock up but maybe I can get. 1 or 2. I was hoping for 6-12 this season too. Maybe I WILL order poults next year -- will make more sense to finally be able to raise my own if super-cheap Thanksgiving turkeys no longer available. Turkey has to be just about my favorite meat.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have 3. They're all around 12 lbs. And, since I'm the only one that will be eating them, I figure that's plenty. :/

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got 3 today... $.58 was our big sale this year :rolleyes: I miss the sale from 2 years ago when turkeys were $.19 per lb!

Oh well I got 3 big ones 22lbs each!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So far the best sale I have found is .69 cents. My daughter lives in Evansville,IN, and she was able to get them for 07 cents a pound!!!! If it wasn't a 4 hr drive, one way, I would LOAD UP! Jeesh...thats just not fair...SEVEN cents a pound!??? Guess I will have to just suck it up, and pay the 69 cents a pound here. :(

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The cheapest I have seen is .37 cents with no strings attached. My Food 4 Less had them at .84 and I was waiting for a sale. I went back early in the week and they were at 1.19. I said whats up with that? The butcher said maybe they will go down next week.

:tongue

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
when i was at the store on sunday the turkey case was swarmed and the meat guys had to bring in another trolley of them.

wow!

not sure how long this sale is going to last ($0.19 lb, limit 3, with additional $10 purchase) but we are out of freezer space. sheesh!

time to get more jars and get to canning
;-)