SALE ALERT - Turkey

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Our thanksgiving has passed. However, you guys got it good. the cheapest we ever have here for turkey is 99 cents a pound--and ppl are lined up for that. One year, i broke my No Walmart rule and got in line for their 99 cent turkeys. Limit two. :/

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
baby its on the way up up up!

they are running the same sale again this week so we are loading up! it was 7 at last count but we cleaned out of the freezers so heh heh heh..come on frozen turkeys.. come to momma! $0.19 a pound baby!

if i were you guys i'd call up the meat manager and say you saw the same sale and would they match? couldnt hurt

:) :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Exactly! Call em :D

Only managed to get 4 last week, but a new Wednesday means a new sale :D
Safeway has them listed again.
http://weeklyspecials.safeway.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=1975

Albertson's still has a price match ad this week.

King Soopers has 15lb turkeys for $6/each.

Not 19, but not bad at all. I need to get going and get 8 more birds!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Because of my dad's passing I have been unable to watch for sales. A lady from my church did call and give me a heads up that it was .29 a pound (limit 3 with a $10 purchase) last night but I was to exhausted to go.
So you all are way ahead of me in getting the turkeys now!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I picked up a 16lb turkey yesterday at Von's(safeway) with a 25 dollar purchase. It was 5 bucks, which I think worked out to be 31 cents per lb.

It was one of those "Is this a Candid Camera moment?" When I opened the glass freezer door like 6 Butter balls came rolling out all over the floor. My poor 5yo was so embarrassed. :hide

:D

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: Gina, too funny.

Geeze, we're still holding at .49 at all stores in my area. I'm thinking there will be a weekend special sale this week or next. I am stocking up on the other stuff too like flour and sugar. i don't use much of that stuff, but i may as well get some cheap while i can. my shift button just quit working, how wierd :/

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
You should have taught your daughter how to turkey bowl :D

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cheapest I can find is .49. The other two stores are giving away free stuff if you buy a turkey at regular price, which I probably wouldn't buy most of the "free" stuff anyway so it's no deal. Sad to hear that Aldi has no sale. They were my best chance IF I spring for gas to go to the big city.

Well, I didn't order turkeys this year just cuz it's really so much cheaper to buy them. If I can raise my own turkeys (breed them) it might be cost effective enough. But by the time I get that up and running I hope to have LOTS of goose available sooooo ... I might not need a dozen turkeys a year after all.

Last year I was all stocked up (3 turkeys all 24 lb or more) and my freezer quit on me. I have not cooked another whole turkey since I had to eat all those, LOL. Luckily the house was near-freezing in the back anyway, but I was seriously turkeyed-out!

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah we don't have much freezer space so I'm hoping to get a few to try and can... Then have like 2 whole ones in the freezer (that's the plan anyhow...) If I can find them cheap enough