Same old freezer, new purpose

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
DH had to bury a couple of our goaties over the years :hit and he had the unpleasant job done within an hour. He used a shovel and a San Angelo bar (big metal pole, sharpened at one end and flat blade at the other) and didn't run into any really big rocks. The hole was at least 1/3 of what you'd need, so it is a doable project, especially if you break the job up over a few days so you can really do it right without ending up in a body cast!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have an old chest--type that I used covered with glass and a bulb to start seedlings. Now I am going to try to raise catfish in it. It's bigger than a barrel so it seems like it would work better. I'm going to try it at least.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
We have an old chest--type that I used covered with glass and a bulb to start seedlings. Now I am going to try to raise catfish in it. It's bigger than a barrel so it seems like it would work better. I'm going to try it at least.
Would you mind explaining how you are going to make this? I am very interested in this idea, I never knew folks did this. Thanks for sharing!:)

Great idea btw about the seedlings. :D

SimplyForties

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So far I've uncovered two old fridges and one chest freezer in various outbuildings on the farm where I just moved. I love the idea of using one as feed storage but I'm not sure how I'm going to get it to the correct building. Those things are heavy!