Samssimonsays everydays and what not

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Awesome art - as usual! Glad to see ya :)

Love the hay rack/shelter? Does the top lift up and hay go under it?

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey stranger, it's good to see you! So sorry to hear about the losses :hugs The portrait's nice and I love Fred! I want one! Goodness, seeing that little face every morning. Guaranteed grin-a-day right there!
Fred is most definitely a smile waiting to happen!

@tortoise We will be bringing in 2 bucks this spring/summer to try to get a breeding program back up and running. The year without milk will be a bummer and a blessing. Or at least I am choosing to look at it that way. I got a 2 goat, 5 gallon milk machine for Christmas that I have to wait another year to use but I have it!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Big hugs. The Grim Reaper has been working overtime on your farm. 2018 will be better.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess those chickens are happier to see spring than y'all are! LOL
We have yet to actually see spring :hit:hit:hit Still stuck below freezing mostly and another upwards of 14" predicted for the weekend... :th BUT today is supposed to hit low 40's FINALLY. We were back at 0* over the weekend again. :idunno Mother Nature has abandoned us and left us to freeze. :rant

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No, that's ridiculous! Ughhh I did chores in a t-shirt today, and then looked and it's only 40. It felt so warm! Lol

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is most certainly not normal to this extent. :/ it was 21 degrees and sunny and I was out in a long sleeved shirt and vest... It felt NICE. It had been soooo cold with no sun that I didn't know it wasn't warmer.