Samssimonsays everydays and what not

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are between 3a and 3 b zones here where I am in Minnesota.... and to make matters worse, we don't actually have seasons because it has snowed in every month here. Mother nature hates us I guess. It REALLY wears a person down, let me tell ya. Thankfully our forecast DID lighten on our amount but I am not holding my breath... We got about 3" last night that I was unaware of because I no longer look due to the shear disappointment I encounter every time I do. :idunno

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOL it is super miserable here. I'm soooo tired of the weather. And if I did even bother to look at all the plants I can't grow here, I'd probably cry :lol: It's bad enough weather was so terrible last spring we didn't get our plants in until it was too late. We got ONE bean from our bean plants. And everything else only flowered by the time our first frost hit us.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank y'all. Been a rough few weeks. My grandma passed, then I got sick with a cold, turned to bronchitis and then warped clear into pneumonia. :rolleyes: Did I forget to mention I had NO clue ducks couldn't have bread and we lost both of ours due to it? (I'm assuming as I gave them and the chickens bread and 8 days later both died within hours of each other)

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Don't know how I missed about your gramma passing...but :hugs

I've seen ducks eat bread a zillion times so maybe it was something else? I don't really know though cuz I'm not a duck person. But at every park that has water I've seen people throwing tons of bread to the ducks...:hu
Thank you :hugs And I know! I do too.... But they had been free ranging only acouple times yet before it happened and we hadn't given them anything new. Fruits veggies and scraps basically along with the chickens. I ordered new ducklings and they will not be living with the chickens...