1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Using Greywater/Graywater- Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Samssimonsays everydays and what not

Discussion in 'Member's "Self Sufficient Living" Journals' started by samssimonsays, May 31, 2017.

1. Jun 12, 2018
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Sustainability Master

That's a bunch of feathered friends ya got there, lol! Those ducks are precious!

samssimonsays likes this.
  2. Jun 13, 2018
    samssimonsays

samssimonsays Almost Self-Reliant

I love them!

3. Jun 13, 2018
    samssimonsays

On another note...Yesterday I learned baby deer in distress sound just like Nubian goat bucklings that cry at everything because they are pathetic... I had an adrenaline pumping encounter with a doe deer last night when Chess got himself "lost" and was crying. In reality he could't figure out how to get to me through the fence... :rolleyes: I never claimed I loved Nubian's for their brains... Anywho, As I am bent over pouring feed into the chicken feeder in their house I hear crashing in the woods from behind me. I spun to see Stella fending off a deer. As she jumped and hit her nose bottle-nose dolphin style into her neck, she hit her shoulder into the does and pushed her back. The deer took off and raced around the house and pushed through the adult goats spooking them and made a run for the fence where Chess was and Stella stayed hot on her heals. She chased her back into the woods before coming back to me and "her" baby goat at which point the other five goats were wanting back into the fence to be with me which never happens... :thI could hear her snorting in the woods off and on but then when Chess was looking the other direction a little later and got "lost" again, if I am not in his direct line of vision he is lost and he is going to die :rolleyes:. And that deer came back again. This time Stella caught her at a dead run and T-boned her. The deer was taken off guard and rolled. Stella followed her to the edge of the yard as the deer fled across the road. I decided to put everyone away for the night early and when I looked out our kitchen window later she was lurking in the woods curious to see where he was. My best guess is she either didn't have a fawn this year or lost hers and her maternal instincts kicked in when she heard his cries. Either way, it should be a fun spring knowing that there is a doe who wants my baby goat lurking in our woods :hide

4. Jun 13, 2018
    NH Homesteader

NH Homesteader Super Self-Sufficient

Venison is delicious.

5. Jun 13, 2018
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Sustainability Master

6. Jun 13, 2018
    samssimonsays

:lol: My dad told me to go 2 for 2 on the wild animals... I will be carrying the pistol while I do chores now.

7. Jun 13, 2018
    NH Homesteader

NH Homesteader Super Self-Sufficient

Just hope it tastes better than that nasty tom!

8. Jun 14, 2018
    samssimonsays

No kidding!