Samssimonsays everydays and what not

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On another note...Yesterday I learned baby deer in distress sound just like Nubian goat bucklings that cry at everything because they are pathetic... I had an adrenaline pumping encounter with a doe deer last night when Chess got himself "lost" and was crying. In reality he could't figure out how to get to me through the fence... :rolleyes: I never claimed I loved Nubian's for their brains... Anywho, As I am bent over pouring feed into the chicken feeder in their house I hear crashing in the woods from behind me. I spun to see Stella fending off a deer. As she jumped and hit her nose bottle-nose dolphin style into her neck, she hit her shoulder into the does and pushed her back. The deer took off and raced around the house and pushed through the adult goats spooking them and made a run for the fence where Chess was and Stella stayed hot on her heals. She chased her back into the woods before coming back to me and "her" baby goat at which point the other five goats were wanting back into the fence to be with me which never happens... :thI could hear her snorting in the woods off and on but then when Chess was looking the other direction a little later and got "lost" again, if I am not in his direct line of vision he is lost and he is going to die :rolleyes:. And that deer came back again. This time Stella caught her at a dead run and T-boned her. The deer was taken off guard and rolled. Stella followed her to the edge of the yard as the deer fled across the road. I decided to put everyone away for the night early and when I looked out our kitchen window later she was lurking in the woods curious to see where he was. My best guess is she either didn't have a fawn this year or lost hers and her maternal instincts kicked in when she heard his cries. Either way, it should be a fun spring knowing that there is a doe who wants my baby goat lurking in our woods :hide

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score