Samssimonsays everydays and what not

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yea, yea, lol.

And, so far this morning I've done a whopping 1074 steps! But, I'm about to head to the ladies room and when they built this college they put all the 'facilities' at the end of any hallways. Where is my office located (?) in the middle of the hallway. And, I'm using the term 'hallway' very loosely because this is OUTSIDE - actually more like a balcony because I'm on the second floor. No fun at all in the winter - ugh. Anyway, it's good for getting in more steps. And, if I get real crazy I can go down another hallway/balcony and get in even more steps.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOL that is great!

I am not as sore in the legs as I am my lower back (weakness in the L4, L5 vertebrae does not hold my hips in place, yay me) and oddly enough, my ARMS?! I have zero ideas on THAT :lol:

Oh well, I am feeling pretty good. I actually SLEPT which I had not done since March really.

The goats. Oh the goats. Can I just say that my first major experience of weaning is a nightmare.... o_O

They are acting like they are spawned straight from Satan.
What happened to my cute, bubbly and sweet baby Ellie! She has turned into a gremlin :hitRalphie for that matter is just as bad if not worse. :thAnd that is on a SOFT wean. THEY STILL GET MILK ONCE A DAY! :barnie The little creatures can not be contained by anything and they were loose in my barn for I don't know how long yesterday and destroyed a hay bale, pooped on everything and knocked everything off my table in there. :rant Then, because they were loose in there when I opened the door Ralphie bolted for the electric net fence where his mother was. This kid.... he has ZERO sense about that mean ole fence that shocks him and bolts through it and gets tangled when it does get him. :rolleyes: SO, I ran after the little turd and right as it hit him he jumped back and went to lunge through it and I CAUGHT him. By like a leg. Picked him up screaming, flailing, kicking and as I am hauling his stubborn butt back to the barn I look over and Tilda is running up to me. I think to myself: 'self, that aint right, she is supposed to be in that fence....' fearing the worst and feeling as tho I am in slow motion I turn around and ALL THE GOATS are barreling through the fence. Dummy scarlet tangled with her back legs and all. :ducNo words at this point but they all rushed into the barn to do even more damage than what the kids had done earlier. :somad They all got their butts locked up in the night pen and after I milked Olive, She got thrown in too. That was when I went for the longest run I have ever gone on. I needed it so as not to cause bodily harm to any of them. :\ Obviously I wouldn't have but boy, there are some days that those goats make it very hard to enjoy them.

In other words, my very new electric net fence is now torn in 3 places where Scarlet was her normal not to smart self and got tangled. :smackI got shocked for the first time by it. And Ellie managed to get tangled in it as it was on the ground somehow. I am still not sure how. :th So that was MY night:lol: How was yours?

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hope they are too! :rant Not sure they will fare so well if they are not.

i DO , however, have to move said net fence as they have mowed the grass well there in a day already. :ep

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Huh. When DH complains about my goats I'll have him read this. :gig

I had 2 pygmy girls that were 100% okay with outdoor fences but had pogo sticks in their legs when indoors. Little bitty things and I saw them go over a 5 - 6 foot plywood wall. I sold them.

I have 2 Nigerian wethers and a dairy mix buck now. The only fence trouble I have is when I tether the dairy boy out to serve as lawn mower. One of the wethers gets jealous and will find a way out. :gig. If he wasn't so flighty I'd tether train HIM!

LOL goats are awesome, but fence issues make me crazy!

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOL. you have the littles! I have the bigs :lol: Cece is over 250# and still on the skinny side for what I like to see (she came super skinny beginning of april) she can't jump even tho she is about 6'4" standing on her back legs at an angle... :ep I don't tether mine, we just open the gate and let em go. :hide they stick around the electric net is more for their safety than anything when we aren't around:rolleyes:

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Holy Cow - 250# - Even my Nubian Buck isn't that big! :th
She didn't quite fit in a dane sized dog kennel.... and it took three people to lift her into the truck when she was folded in one. She is also tall enough to see out the slats of a stock trailer.... standing normally. She is a beast but she is out of Kastdemures most wanted buck. I hear they are bigger genetics?

Latest posts