Samssimonsays everydays and what not

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes! I do love them... I like the dumber goats... they don't cause as much damage usually as the smart ones do.... USUALLY. Scarlet tore a good chunk of my fence... Still works but still.... Wasn't even used for a month yet. Ugh.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tried to clean the car sunday with a "helper" not far at all times. She was over tired and started getting destructive, typical toddler behavior... As soon as I let her climb in she laid down and fell asleep. :rolleyes:
20170604_151846.jpg

Last nights updated picture of the Polish chicks 'do
IMG_20170605_201617_461.jpg

And the newest location for the electric net grazing area for the goats.
20170606_060202.jpg

That will be eaten by tonight and need to be moved again...o_O And THAT is why we chose this fencing....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That really is awesome. I could consider something like that to actually let the goats into the yard and keep them away from my fruit trees. But, my Red is probably a lot like your Scarlet and would, ahem, not really respect the fence...sigh...

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We figured out that the battery was.... um.... not fully charged so it wasn't hot anymore :hide Oops... The volt reader showed it still putting out 12 volts but the mattery charger said it was half life so it wasn't strong enough to charge even the strands close enough to the charger. :cool: Explains a LOT as to why they were being jerks about it...:rolleyes:

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, that makes more sense! Guess a hot wire fence doesn't do much good unless it's HOT! :)
:gig:yuckyuck This is true! But not all need to use it either lol. If they don't respect it, they don't get freedom and the dry lot pen it is for them! hahaha. I do it often and look at them and explain why they can't be out is because they can't be good. Not that it does any help but it makes me feel better :lol: The dog understands so.... It is worth a shot hahaha.