Samssimonsays everydays and what not

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
if any goat could understand a lecture about consequences, it probably wouldn't be a nubian:hide

Maybe Olive understands you though:lol:
:yuckyuck:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It is definitely NOT Scarlet or Cece who would! Olive and Tilda maaaaybe o_O Ellie is very smart for a Nubian though. :rolleyes: It is proving to be challenging. You can see the wheels turn. Not just blank, loving stares as they burp up their cud and bulldoze things.... :lol:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am so glad to read about your goat adventures. They make you happy no matter what their antics, even the tricks they do that drive you crazy.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been absent lately due to personal reasons. Tis the season eh?

But with new music, a new look on life and a lot of writing over the last couple months, I will try to be back more regularly.

A recap of the past couple months?

I finished a novel I had been working on since 2011, started and finished a second and am roughly half way through the third in the series now. I am super excited about them as I work to edit them and seek out a publisher /agent.

New music from so many whom I have followed for years has been released making my heart happy. Y'all ever connect with music? It seems to be the food my soul craves and when I find an awesome, down to earth, genuinely sweet and funny artist I tend to like their music no matter what.

After some trying times personally, I have gained a new perspective on life and am learning how to be at peace with my predetermined path. What will be, will be so to speak.
20170726_202443.jpg

Anywho, the goats are doing great. Making lots of cheese. Chickens and ducks are finally out in a run and coop and I couldn't be happier. The goats are also pleased as it was sooooo dusty in the barn with them in there....
20170726_202639.jpg
20170725_185047.jpg
20170725_184951.jpg
20170725_184508.jpg

Anyways, a peek into what was going on personally, this month marked 8 months gone for our sweet Fur baby rumely the great Pyrenees /st Bernard mix who passed away at the age of two traumatically in a seizure while we weren't home and 5 months gone for our sweet fur kid sadie who was rum and Stellas daughter and was born into my hands with an instant connection unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. I admit, There were nights I cried and thought I'd die from the pain. Felt like I was stomped so far into the dirt that I was halfway to hell. But I have to say, with each day I get stronger. Each day that passes the pain doesn't hurt so bad and I don't cry anymore. But they have greatly impacted my life in as equally negative of a way as they did in a positive way here with us. The fear of letting myself love another dog will probably always be there now. We love and adore our girl Stella but there is always that fear for me that "when are we going to lose her too". Like I said, lots to think about and going on and that is just one of them.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Sincerely,
Sam

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Good to see you smile, Sam :hugs Congrats on the writing! I wish I could write properly, I really do. I love books and reading.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can't let the pain of loss keep you from the joy of love. Yes, it hurts when we lose one we love-2 legged, 4 legged, feathered or whatever. It hurts, but the joy we get--don't close yourself off from the joy of life and love--even when it hurts.

Glad to see you back.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sam I know how you feel about your fur baby. After mine died suddenly I was so grieved. It was quite some time before I got another and it was pushed upon me but I grew to love him too. :hugs

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aaaand it's been a minute again since my last visit.... Been busy. Working on my health. Writing and some illustrations for my writing as well as working.

Progression of a drawing I did.
PicsArt_08-16-08.09.20.jpg
my dad built the goats this and they love it lol.
20170819_111350.jpg
for the second book in my series I've been writing. Eventually they will be recreated as photoshoots for covers of all goes well....
20170815_190413.jpg
for the first.
20170815_190421.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Awesome art - as usual! Glad to see ya :)

Love the hay rack/shelter? Does the top lift up and hay go under it?

Latest posts