Scared after the Senate passed of the new "Stimulous" package "rant"

Status
Not open for further replies.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
That's really a good way to understand it, BD. I hate pork as much as the next person and don't want to pay pointless taxes. I also have to admit I don't really care that much what is happening in other states, so a lot of their earmarks are going to seem like pork to me. But, politics has to be about compromise or nothing will ever get done. That's actually what I like about Obama--he knows how to work with the other side a bit. Compromise means I don't get everything I want, you don't get everything you want, but hopefully we both get something.

Reaction score
me&thegals said:
That's really a good way to understand it, BD. I hate pork as much as the next person and don't want to pay pointless taxes. I also have to admit I don't really care that much what is happening in other states, so a lot of their earmarks are going to seem like pork to me. But, politics has to be about compromise or nothing will ever get done. That's actually what I like about Obama--he knows how to work with the other side a bit. Compromise means I don't get everything I want, you don't get everything you want, but hopefully we both get something.
That's how Obama is getting things done. The republican party has stated that they want his plan and America to fail. So the only way to get anything done is to pass out the bacon. Congress is pretty much a done deal, All he needs in the senate is a few votes so he gives those republican senators some pork and he gets what he needs. That's what they mean by reaching across the aisle.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
That's how Obama is getting things done. The republican party has stated that they want his plan and America to fail. So the only way to get anything done is to pass out the bacon. Congress is pretty much a done deal, All he needs in the senate is a few votes so he gives those republican senators some pork and he gets what he needs. That's what they mean by reaching across the aisle.
No, the Republican party has not said it wants Obama to fail (how can you say that when so many are standing in line to support his plans?), Rush Limbaugh was selectively quoted as having said it. In context the message is far different. Now I guess we need to draw these political threads to a close and get back to taking care of ourselves and ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts