scarred for life!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I still remember the day, sometime in the mid 70s, I sat in our rather proper Episcopal church and a young mother looked around, got a little smirk on her face, whipped out a booby and started nursing her baby during the service. No modesty involved. The tisking and eye rolling that went on that day!! Even at my age (12 or so) I knew the mom had done it just irritate the old busy bodies she knew would have something to say about it!
Tube top!! :ep That's a new one.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think anyone should wear a tube top under any circumstances. No one looks good in them.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
OrganicKale said:
Honestly, I don't think anyone should wear a tube top under any circumstances. No one looks good in them.
Especially the heavier a person is.
I can say this without malice, as I am not thin myself...this person was anything but thin.
Did not help matters at all.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh man even more of a person I shouldn't be subject to seeing....:lol:

I was never a fan of tube tops either. even thin, they just cut you off on the body and just don't make a person look good for some reason...I agree, get some extra material and WEAR a shirt! :)

also almost no one looks good in old white thermal pants either :lol:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
LOL! It's like spandex. I AM skinny and it still makes me look disgusting!!! lol. The human form is just not meant to be stuffed into clothing like sausage into its skin.

danielle82

Power Conserver
Reaction score
as someone who nursed both my babies....that sounds horribly uncomfortable...both hanging out weighted down with milk? Many mothers experience "let-down" on the opposite side at the same time....sounds like a messy nursing session too me!!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Please do not wear a tube top, and pull it all the way down on both sides to feed your babe!
A woman did this at the farmers market I go to every friday... and breastfeeding in public doesn't bother me, I did it until my milk dried up and I was forced to switch to formula...

HOWEVER, this woman was one of the vendors, selling fresh produce, sitting on a stool with her boobs hanging out and taking money from customers... I found it a little disturbing...

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bubbling, I read this thread to my husband, and he hollered "Call Greenpeace!" lol

I breastfed all three of my children for as long as they wanted (which, for two of them turned out to be about 10 months and then they started demanding a cup). I tried to be as unobtrusive as possible so as not to offend anyone because I've always felt that if you get "in your face" about a cause, you tend to cause more harm than good to said cause.

danielle82

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Britesea said:
Bubbling, I read this thread to my husband, and he hollered "Call Greenpeace!" lol

I breastfed all three of my children for as long as they wanted (which, for two of them turned out to be about 10 months and then they started demanding a cup). I tried to be as unobtrusive as possible so as not to offend anyone because I've always felt that if you get "in your face" about a cause, you tend to cause more harm than good to said cause.
for me my lack of breastfeeding in public was only on an as needed basis. I didn't think anyone would mind, but it made me uncomfortable, so my milk production slacked when I had to nurse in public, just a weird thing with me I guess.