Scary creature in my garage!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Holly cow what a great idea. Will chicken feed work? Now that is true self sufficiency. Thanks Morel.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
now don't get me wrong....I am all for dispatching any varmint, but drowing is a miserable death. Should be fast and efficient.

Now that is just me...of course ya'll dispatch your varmints any way you like...LOL-LOL

Cause worse thing is seeing that thing swimming for its life in that barrel. I know, no mercy, but no gal truly likes to see anything suffer and die......well at least me..HA HA HA

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry FC but at this point with the house and garage being one unit I don't care how the rats die. My 5 year old girly just helped me build morels trap. Kinda a learning experience. Oh, and she and I dispersed with the dead one ourselves. I couldn't wait for DH to muster the courage.

I think this will be a true test of my SS. If I had no money for traps this would be my best bet. Right? If there is nothing in the water by tomorrow morning I'll get some new snappy traps. I promise.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no worries

any dead rat is a good thing..LOL

let us know how it all works for you. I never tried this method cause I have cats....and barn cats make sure the rats are gone....now those stupid little teeney mice...BLAH! the poison does them in fast. Never had to deal with a field rat in the house...it wouldn't be pretty I am sure..HA HA HA

go Killer

HA HA HA HA

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Morel's trap will work even better if you have ONLY the grain for a day or two and have TWO boards for that time. They will feed and bring their friends. Day three remove the board inside of the barrel and add water!

Evil but really works!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OUCH
being criticized by the sofa.
now that is low..LOL