Scary creature in my garage!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok so it must be rodent in the house month. I woke up about an hour ago. A very early hour for me. My 3 yr old lay in bed next to me couching. I went downstairs, to extra pantry for cold meds. Garage is under the house. We new something was down there but not what it is.

I heard a rustle.....

I turned on the light to let it know I was coming in, I thought it would scurry away and hide...

I made it about 4 ft... Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a huge thing jump over the seat in my off road vehicle...

I must admit I can not see very well and especially first thing in the am when it's dark...

I ran.. Yes I am chicken of large furry things that go bump in the garage.

So, the other day we tried those huge rat traps. They are still down there un snapped. Leads me to believe its not a rat. Maybe a squirrel??

What do I do next? One of those metal live cage traps? I just know it's eating the engine on my OHV. Ugggggggg.....

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Ok so it must be rodent in the house month. I woke up about an hour ago. A very early hour for me. My 3 yr old lay in bed next to me couching. I went downstairs, to extra pantry for cold meds. Garage is under the house. We new something was down there but not what it is.

I heard a rustle.....

I turned on the light to let it know I was coming in, I thought it would scurry away and hide...

I made it about 4 ft... Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a huge thing jump over the seat in my off road vehicle...

I must admit I can not see very well and especially first thing in the am when it's dark...

So, the other day we tried those huge rat traps. They are still down there un snapped. Leads me to believe its not a rat. Maybe a squirrel??

What do I do next? One of those metal live cage traps? I just know it's eating the engine on my OHV. Ugggggggg.....
Just because they are not snapped, doesn't mean not a rat. They are pretty clever to human ways. If you don't want to use poison (we try not to), the live traps are good. Put it near the area where you saw it and try to disguise it some. Try peanut butter and apples as bait. Good Luck!

When I went for an oil change last month, they found a mouse nest in my air filter! No wonder I was getting such bad gas mileage...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

********:lol:

you have me laughing hard. I know the feeling. I hate "unknown live things" near me..LOL-LOL

worst for me is snakes in the barn. OH wow, if I see anything move that gives me that snake thought, I just goosebump up!!!!
LOL-LOL

what is it? who knows..LOL...it didn't seem too big huh? not bigger than you so that was a plus...:gig

I had a 'possum in the garage. Thought it was my cat. I got closer cause it was up on a shelf and turned and looked at me and I went :ep

creepy things dont' set well with me...I don't like surprises either.

you gotta find out what it is then you certainly can go after it full blast. everyone wants in out of the cold now..HA HA

or make it pay rent! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
What is it with the pest problems lately??

We got a cat. May I suggest a catzilla?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Late fall and early winter is rat invasion time- they are looking for supplies of food and a warm place to overwinter. If you had a growthy early season followed by a dryish fall, the rats may be more plentiful bercause they have run out of wild food.
Also if you did something that gave them access to food, they may have bred up during the summer. It's one of the reasons I don't have a seeded bird feeder- I will hand suet in trees.
Usually I find that an intensive bout of trapping (peanut butter is my favorite bait,) for a month or so usually will eliminate the problem if done right when the cold weather starts.
I hate scurring, noisey wild life too- I have been know to go armed with a pole to poke around things before reaching in----------------
:tongue

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hate scurring, noisey wild life too- I have been know to go armed with a pole to poke around things before reaching in----------------
***LOL---Me too
you have me cracking up! :plbb

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You know a couple weeks ago we had a 6 pack of those ensure drinks in the garage. I for got to put them away. The bottom off of all 6 was chewed off and the liquid gone. I set rat traps after that. I don't think it's a rat now. And Dang it has super "Ensure " powers.

When I saw it out of the corner of my half blind, kinda sleepy, puffy 5am eye. It was big. I really think I will borrow a live trap from the neighbor. I'l let you know how it goes.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it chewed into Ensure cans.
Yikes
do not go after this thing unarmed..LOL

Ensure Powers
oh boy....you enhanced him!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
You do know that down in Georgia, there have been tales of rats large enough to carry off infants....