scary dream

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay I know it is not SS, but last night I had a bad dream. My dh had taken our truck to work. I was getting the kids ready for school and sent them out to catch the bus when I realized my oldest wasn't ready yet. They were late to catch the bus but I could see it down the road headed to the next stop so we ran to catch up with it about a quarter mile down the road. It was cloudy and overcast outside. My 2 yr old was asleep inside. Well they caught the bus and I was walking back home when it turned pitch black outside like night. Well I hurried home and for some reason it took me a REALLY long time to get there. When I got to our house there were trees down on power lines and across our driveway. It had gotten light again outside and I could see our house and the back half of it was gone. The front was unharmed. I ran inside and couldn't find the baby. That is when I woke up. Seriously. That dream has bothered me ever since. My dh said it was because this month 2 years ago is when we lost our house in the tornado. But a little over a month ago maybe two months I dreamed of an earthquake that destroyed everything and we were cut off from any help. This was before Haiti, so I know that had nothing to do with it. I can't help but wonder why I keep having dreams about horrid natural disasters. Makes SS seem that more important. Anyone else have dreams like these or is it just my paranoia?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Being close to that time of year is probably bring up the memories and fears about the house.
Then the subconcious puts it's twist on everything in dreams. Hope you can sleep better soon.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i had a crazy dream that i let my 10 yr old move one of the vehicles out of the way and he got out the truck and left it in gear and it started rolling rolling rolling fast rolling and started crashing into all the neighbors houses on the street then i woke up once it hit my house and flipped over my privacy fence

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rebecca....im so sorry about that crazy dream, they can sometimes seem SO REAL! Is there by any chance...you are pregnant?? My grandma used to say...dream of a baby missing, there will be a birth. :old She was usually right.
I had a very SS dream the other night.
Hubby and I were outside, with our 3 grown sons...and hubby said... lets all go to town. I said, honey, we wont all fit in the pickup...and he said...well, lets take the 2 horses, and the wagon. I turned, and standing there were 2 beautifull Morgans, hitched to a wagon. :love ( we dont own horses )

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hope not! :hide I had a tubal after the last one was born. I like your dream better. Wanna trade? LOL I would really LOVE to have morgans and a wagon!

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been watching through all the seasons of little house on the prairie... so I've had some great dreams! The morgans and the wagon reminded me of that... My dreams are usually more fragments though, so no good stories. :)

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No good dreams here! But I have night blindness because of my eyesight/astigmatism so I can't see at night and sometimes when I wake up I just start freaking out because I can't see anything really.

I also see things that aren't there like shapes moving in the dark, etc.

In my house the most frightening thing is not your dreams, but the weird noises at night. Ever since we moved in and started taking apart the house to restore it we've been getting weird noises and the like. There used to be a set of stairs in my room that went down into the brick part of the house, they were taken out by the old owner in the 80s and some nights you can hear footsteps in my room like they're coming up stairs.

Theres also a lady singing/humming, cigar smoke smell, and the creepiest is the lily of the valley scent everywhere in the spring/summer months. Up until last summer the only lily of the valley was one we found burried under some rocks that didn't look to have bloomed in years. Last year it spread and bloomed everywhere because we unearthed it. But we'd get this strong scent of lily of the valley everywhere, it turns out it was the original owners (people who built the house) wifes favourite scent or something along those lines!

Just creepy and weird things happen here, no dreams! Though I used to have dreams of being in our barn and running from something. The barn has so many nooks and crannies and its super freaky/creepy being in there and its super dark too.

Organics North

Power Conserver
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
No good dreams here! But I have night blindness because of my eyesight/astigmatism so I can't see at night and sometimes when I wake up I just start freaking out because I can't see anything really.

In my house the most frightening thing is not your dreams, but the weird noises at night. Ever since we moved in and started taking apart the house to restore it we've been getting weird noises and the like. There used to be a set of stairs in my room that went down into the brick part of the house, they were taken out by the old owner in the 80s and some nights you can hear footsteps in my room like they're coming up stairs.

Theres also a lady singing/humming, cigar smoke smell, and the creepiest is the lily of the valley scent everywhere in the spring/summer months. Up until last summer the only lily of the valley was one we found burried under some rocks that didn't look to have bloomed in years. Last year it spread and bloomed everywhere because we unearthed it. But we'd get this strong scent of lily of the valley everywhere, it turns out it was the original owners (people who built the house) wifes favourite scent or something along those lines!

Just creepy and weird things happen here, no dreams! Though I used to have dreams of being in our barn and running from something. The barn has so many nooks and crannies and its super freaky/creepy being in there and its super dark too.
Hi,
I suggest aknowledging them and accepting them in your mind. Even talk out to them. "Hey be quiet, I am trying to sleep!"
My first house was like that, at first very creepy, over time it became a warm lived in place.

On the subject of bad/weird dreams.. I have had my share. I do not even want to write them down! Typically bad dreams I am just an third party observer, sort of like watching a movie and do not know anybody. However I have had a few involving my kids though. (The classic trying to find them and save them".. It has been a few years since I had a real yucky one though. (Thank goodness!)

I personally do not worry too much about dreams comming true, unless of course you have a history of that happening!

ON

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Organics North said:
lupinfarm said:

Hi,
I suggest aknowledging them and accepting them in your mind. Even talk out to them. "Hey be quiet, I am trying to sleep!"
My first house was like that, at first very creepy, over time it became a warm lived in place.

On the subject of bad/weird dreams.. I have had my share. I do not even want to write them down! Typically bad dreams I am just an third party observer, sort of like watching a movie and do not know anybody. However I have had a few involving my kids though. (The classic trying to find them and save them".. It has been a few years since I had a real yucky one though. (Thank goodness!)

I personally do not worry too much about dreams comming true, unless of course you have a history of that happening!

ON
We do acknowledge them :)

We were going to be on Rescue Mediums last year but we ended up having a litter of puppies and mum decided it wouldn't be a good idea with the pups.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I don't want to frighten anyone with this dream that came true:
I had come home and it looked like rain so I rolled up the windows on the car. I was very tired and took a nap. I dreamed that a little bird flew in and pooped on my car seat. I woke remembering the dream but knowing that I had rolled the windows up, gave it no more thought. When I went outside I glanced at the car, startled that the window was down. Looking in I saw bird poop on my seat. Ick. :D