Scented vinegar for laundry

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's pretty easy! Just put your orange peels in a jar and cover them with vinegar. Put the lid on the jar and stash it away from the sun for at least two weeks. I have two jars going all the time, it just gets better the longer it sits.
I use quart mayo jars and just cram them as full as I can with the peels, then fill it with white vinegar. Later I pour off what I need and add more vinegar to the jar. It's pretty concentrated this way and doesn't take much for cleaning, etc.

I, too, was disappointed that there wasn't this nice scent to the laundry. But the vinegar still smelled better! :)

Smokin Silkies

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Marianne said:
It's pretty easy! Just put your orange peels in a jar and cover them with vinegar. Put the lid on the jar and stash it away from the sun for at least two weeks. I have two jars going all the time, it just gets better the longer it sits.
I use quart mayo jars and just cram them as full as I can with the peels, then fill it with white vinegar. Later I pour off what I need and add more vinegar to the jar. It's pretty concentrated this way and doesn't take much for cleaning, etc.

I, too, was disappointed that there wasn't this nice scent to the laundry. But the vinegar still smelled better! :)
Sounds pretty EASY!!! Thank you :D

Steveca

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Very neat idea, I've been wondering about using vinegar to rinse with and now that I'm making my own soap, I think I may start using it just in case the soap is a bit strong and to help neutralize it. I bought some vinegar today but I've gone so long without laundry softening 'stuff' that I just couldn't force myself to buy a bottle of conditioner.

Has anybody tried using Capella's flavor drops for fragrance? I have a bunch of them and they smell pretty nice.

Also, for tinctures, glycerin works very well; I've used it for cinnamon, pumpkin spice, coffee and mint extractions.

Steveca

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I can. I will try to do it tomorrow, I just noticed your request and I'm kinda zoning out for my sweet repose right now.