School Kids...

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
My son's class is reading a book that mentioned a hand drill - none of them knew what it was or looked like, so my son took ours to school to show them.

Now apparently the book also mentions Guinea's - so a van load of kids are coming to visit......... :gig

(I should probably change out of my PJ's!) :gig

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
That was fun!

The kids were more taken with the ducks (muscovies) who were following them, wagging their tails and hissing. Some of the kids were a little scared of the ducks, but I think most of them got to touch/pet them. The boy ducks are more friendly than the girl ducks. :D

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Dace said:
Aww, that is cool. Sweet of you to let them come for a visit :)
It was the highlight of my day (and perhaps week) the house is way too quiet with my two in school. I miss them when they're not here driving me crazy arguing with each other :gig

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
And he wasn't suspended for bringing a 'weapon' to school?? :clap
:gig I know - I was nervous, thinking he'd probably do a demonstration by drilling a hole in his desk. :th

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
Very cool! What book are they reading?
I think its "Where the red fern grows" he was a little bummed because he's never read it, and then someone told him the story and how it ends, so he's not too trhilled.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Can I brag? Well I will anyway........... :lol:

We received in the mail the other day my son's test results from the end of last year (grade 5) for reading.
My son's results "Exceeds standards" :D

The State scores
19% Exceed standards
48% Meet Standard
33% Below Standard.

State average score was 101, my son scored 160 (out of a possible high of 200)

He loves reading, spent so much time this summer reading I think he read more that 15 books. I bought him a Kindle last year because of the piles and piles of books we were starting to collect.
He reads over his grade level, and its super hard to find books he will enjoy that are not "teen" or "adult" in content.

His latest series is the "Warriors" by Erin Hunter. He just plows through them.

Latest posts