Schooling your child to void his bowels outside on the leash!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My family used to have a poodle that would do a hand stand to pee. As a pre teen I found it mortifying to have to walk her in public, lol

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea said:
My family used to have a poodle that would do a hand stand to pee. As a pre teen I found it mortifying to have to walk her in public, lol
Our beagle (the one I was concerned about) will throw his hind leg over his back to pee :rolleyes: I've never seen a dog put that much effort into urination :D But then, I'm used to females doing the squat, and our corgi who can barely lift his leg off the ground because of the problems in that leg

Thank you everyone for your advice
:)

I've discovered that he doesn't like to poop near the house, or really any house :rolleyes: However, at the end of the lane there is a strip of grass that runs along the fence that encloses the mobile home community and if walk him along that back and forth long enough he will poop :) I've also been rewarding them both, by giving them a treat every time they poop outside. Hoping its working. So far, we haven't had poop inside the house since the small incident wednesday :)

FarmerJamie said:
colowyo0809, you kill me. :lol: You do have a way with thread titles. I wasn't sure who you were talking about - given some of your comments here over time. :hide :p
I figured you'd like that :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Just thought of something else. Make sure you don't head back home the minute he poops. He'll hold it so he can get a longer walk. Mine taught me that! They are stinkin' smart!

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Just thought of something else. Make sure you don't head back home the minute he poops. He'll hold it so he can get a longer walk. Mine taught me that! They are stinkin' smart!
Oooh, that's actually a good tip! :) Thank you :)

walkaboutjacks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
A Jack Russell I once owned named Dundee would poop on top of high grasses and bushes....it must have been quite a trick because the few times I saw him at it he would spin in a circle so fast you would think he was getting it out by centrifical force :lol:

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my friend had a JRT who would handstand to pee and poop, up trees the idea being it got the scent HIGHER so other dogs in the area thought he was much bigger than 13 Inches tall lol

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:lol: Sorry about laughing but this is great. Just remember- Mother Nature is on your side here. He will have to go.
Their instincts tell them to go near the edge of their territory. He might still be confused trying to figure out what his boundaries are at the new place.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bimpnottin said:
i_am2bz said:
freemotion said:
One of my dogs will only poo in brush or tall grass. When I used to bring him to my folk's place in Maine in the winter, I'd have to pick some tree branches and stick them in the snowbank so he could go. He'd dance around, looking for the "right spot" and couldn't find it with all the deep snow everywhere and ten foot banks. :rolleyes:
:gig I thought my dog was the only one who did that!! Either that, or she "backs up" & goes on the side of a hill!
Nope, mine too, but she doesn't back over the hill, she's usually head down, ready to topple into the ditch at any second. :idunno
Yep... mine too... if he can back right into a tree and poop ON the tree he's really happy... and he prefers if no one looks at him while he's doing it :)