Schwans

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
roosmom, I buy those same vegetables from them! They are on my current pre-order...and the california blend.

I am also trying something else new and ordering their *gasp* frozen bread dough :th

Ok I admitted it, going to use their frozen bread dough to cheat and make bread. Just to try it, see how it is.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My mother has bought the biscuits. THOSE are good. I dont know how the frozen bread dough is. I loke the California blend also. It bothers me that you cabt get carrots, well you can, but they put like sugar stuff in the bag.
If you like coffee, DONT EAT THE COFFEE ICE CREAM!!

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
So I'm thinking, I must really be out in the woods, cause I don't know what Schwans is. I googled them, and yes the truck is one I have seen somewhere in the past. I just thought it was a restraunt supply truck...:idunno

Guess I belong more in the Mayberry generation, even though I'm not THAT old :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
roosmom said:
If you like coffee, DONT EAT THE COFFEE ICE CREAM!!
We love coffee here!

Adding coffee ice cream to my pre-order.........

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I'll let you know how it is :p

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
There's one right around the corner from me, literally less than 2 miles. I've never ordered from them though. I'm just too cheap! I don't think I'll start now but nextdoor neighbor raves about their food.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The apple flautas (sp) are really good too. My mother used to order the sausage biscuits. Nuke'em, slather'em with mustard, yummy.
Like I said, the vegies are worth it, and only marginally more than in the store.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Zenbirder, I'd never heard of them either, but they do deliver to my zip code, so they must have business around here someplace. Wouldn't surprise me, this is a very affluent area, people around here have so much to do they have nannies for their kids - so no way they'd have time to shop! ;) I doubt I'll use them, I'm way too.....frugal. Yea, that's the word! :gig