SCOOOOOOOORRRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!! Free feed!!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Just the ones in MA, not the ones in NC.

KIIDDING!! :gig

Great score. Sad for the guy smart enough to prep but couldn't save his home. I bet there was a layoff involved.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL
I just hate to see the words dumb farmer in a sentence....there aren't many truly

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bittersweet victory :( Poor guy who lost it, but YAY you!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
LOL
I just hate to see the words dumb farmer in a sentence....there aren't many truly
Hence my being so stunned when I scored the grains! DH picked up six pails on his way home from work and they are prepper-stored grains for sure.....six pails of organic hard red wheat berries. I hate to think of feeding them to the pigs, but I doubt I'd eat all that myself in my lifetime! I will put some aside for us for future emergencies. I like the white wheat better for flour for our use. But FREE is hard to bypass. Again, stunned! And happy!

We are leaving in a few minutes to pick up the rest!

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I can see why farmers wouldn't want to use it. Who knows what the variety is, how old it is, how exactly it's been stored, etc. They'd have to have it tested for germination, etc for some uses. Plus, they usually buy very specific varieties depending on what their needs are. But I'm talking about planting it. Perhaps they didn't want to use it for feed for the same unknowns...how it was stored, how old, etc.

Either way, at least you got it!

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
The guy is in a free food sharing group and someone donated all their prep stores since they are getting foreclosed on and have to move. No one in the group wanted the wheat! Sheesh! It is in an urban/suburban area just outside of the city of Hartford. He'd contacted several farmers before advertising and they turned him down, not sure of the storage of the grains. Well, he described sealed pails, probably with oxygen absorbers, and sealed 10 lb cans, etc. He kept beans and such and they were perfectly fine. Dumb farmers.....their loss is my gain!

I am SOOOO excited!
Are they delivering it to you? Is there any more hahah?
I love craigslist!

Congradulations that is sooo bad ass free!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yup there are a million reasons 'someone' would avoid what 'another' stores.

but free is good LOL