SCORE! Magic Heat "sterno" type stoves

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I work in the Publications department at a wholesale hardware distributor. I have access to and can usually find all types of Building materials, hardware, tools, paint, etc. Every now and again I luck up big time & catch something being closed out, or find an extremely old item that nobody wants to buy, but is still useful. Today, I got 85 of these, plus 55 refills (2 cans each) for $60 total. Comes out to about .31 per can of fuel. :celebrate

I'm going to donate a few to the boy scouts & girl scouts, put a stove & 2-pk refill in each of our bug-out bags and the rest are going into TSHTF stash.
Magicheatstove.jpg

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol:
Sure thing! I'll toss a couple in my car when (EVER!!!) I do get to go to the capital. They last for years & years and don't deteriorate, either.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
What is the TSHTF stash? I would be willing to pay whatever you need plus the shipping if you need to re-home 4-5 of those. :D

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Stuff Hits The Fan stash of goods: food stuffs, water, purifying tablets, blankets, sutures, meds, etc, etc, etc.

You know, paranoia stash :lol:

How did I know I would get offers for these??? :lol:
Warehouse couldn't sell them, they've been on closeout like 7 times over the years, never sold more than a couple each time.
Hmmm, maybe I'll post a few of them in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

I'll let you know tomorrow, boss is running me out of here.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
The Stuff Hits The Fan stash of goods: food stuffs, water, purifying tablets, blankets, sutures, meds, etc, etc, etc.

Warehouse couldn't sell them, they've been on closeout like 7 times over the years, never sold more than a couple each time.

You are getting offers like this cause You Love Us.....I mean we love you and ummmm, ("cough,cough"), we don't want you to ahhhhh, (cough) be overrun with all this surplus merchandise.
Caaaaaaause, we ummmm, really, really care about you.
(Yeah, thats it, thats why)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
2dream said:
noobiechickenlady said:

You are getting offers like this cause You Love Us.....I mean we love you and ummmm, ("cough,cough"), we don't want you to ahhhhh, (cough) be overrun with all this surplus merchandise.
Ya...that's it...we are just here to help you in your hour of need. :D :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, what a GREAT deal! Hey, if you are looking around, and thinking..." wow, I have no space for these" well, friend... :D I have space! :lol: LOTS AND LOTS of it!!
Seriously tho...great deal. I wish I could come across something like that!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:th :lol: :gig

Oh, thank you guys so much for making sure I don't tie up my storage space! You all are so sweet to look out for me in such a way :lol:

DH said "Let us see how many the scouts want & we'll put them up for sale after."