SCORE! Magic Heat "sterno" type stoves

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now don't every person be wanting her stash! :lol:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Do the tops fit on a regular burning can that you put under food pans?
I am going to see if my local Gander Mountain has these. This would be ideal to put in DH's 'walk 50 miles home from work' bag with some soups.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
great find Noobie!!!! :thumbsup

Pam, that is a great idea. I wonder if my husband would make it home the 60 + miles? I never thought about having him prepared for that. We rely so much on our cars. Here in Ca. with earthquakes crumbling the highways it should be at the top of my list. Got to work on that.

gina

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
great find Noobie!!!! :thumbsup

Pam, that is a great idea. I wonder if my husband would make it home the 60 + miles? I never thought about having him prepared for that. We rely so much on our cars. Here in Ca. with earthquakes crumbling the highways it should be at the top of my list. Got to work on that.

gina
I think that is our least prepared area right now...DH's Bug home bag! My concern is him being able to get home in a SHTF scenerio. He is a very picky eater so getting a tuna and cracker pack for quick meals for him will not work. Right now I am trying to figure out how to keep certain things in there that are prone to freezing...like water...because it is cold for so long in NE Ohio.