Scored @ thrift shop and recovered kitchen chairs. PICS

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
lalaland said:
wow, that is a score! around here, a yard of yucky knit fabric all poly is like 2 bucks, your waveryly fabric would have been around $10. So nice!

and I like your rug in the background, the little round one. Did you crochet it?
The rug is a toothbrush rug. Way easy. I am working on another one that is darker.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
:thumbsup I just friggin spent $100 on fabric to cover our loveseat. It currently looks like it was pulled out a dumpster, full of rips and cat claw scratches. "bout time I recovered the junky thing, I'm tired of covering it with blankets.
I got one of those too. That is one of the next project AFTER the roof this week.

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
toothbrush rug? gonna have to google that one. My dd made me a darling rug that looks similiar, just dif colors, out of sheets from the thrift store -

I'm going to tackle two dining chairs today, trying a strange fabric for windproof jackets. might or might not work, but hey, also spent 99 cents for it so I am not out anything.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh.my.gosh

that was a fabulous link - watched the whole thing, and am so pumped to go make a rug. There was a pic of a really big, really colorful one - can't wait to hit up a thrift store for fabric.

lol, just what I need is another project.

thanks for posting the link. or...maybe not thanks.....maybe darn it, look what happened, another obsession.....

off to the shed to convert some fencing wire into a tool for the rug

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dropped by the nearby town's Salvation Army today. All clothing was $1.00. Since I want to learn to felt, I bought 2 wool sweaters and two large wool jackets. Now to disassemble and go on line to see how felting works. Woo hoo!

Been keeping an eye out for a felting tool, but nothing yet....

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Damummis said:
Wildsky said:
:thumbsup I just friggin spent $100 on fabric to cover our loveseat. It currently looks like it was pulled out a dumpster, full of rips and cat claw scratches. "bout time I recovered the junky thing, I'm tired of covering it with blankets.
I got one of those too. That is one of the next project AFTER the roof this week.
This is where I got my fabric - this time and for the couch I covered last year. Their prices are pretty good, they ship well, with the fabric on a roll.
http://www.newtoto.com/

If you can find remnants in big enough pieces in fabric you like, then its an extra bargain!!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Damummis said:
lalaland said:
toothbrush rug? gonna have to google that one. My dd made me a darling rug that looks similiar, just dif colors, out of sheets from the thrift store -

I'm going to tackle two dining chairs today, trying a strange fabric for windproof jackets. might or might not work, but hey, also spent 99 cents for it so I am not out anything.
http://www.ragrugcafe.com/toothbrush-rugs-complete-video-instructions-part-1-beginners

This should help.
Thats awesome, I might try that with all the jeans I have lying around, I don't think I'd have very long pieces, but it should work... perhaps I can sew the strips together... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cute chair! I have fabric seats on my kitchen chairs too. I covered the fabric with a layer of clear vinyl (same technique you did for your fabric) because I have little munchkins. Yeah, we're sitting on plastic, but at least all spills just wipe off. You can buy vinyl by the yard at fabric stores.