Scored!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we have been talking alot about garden expansion. i really want raised beds but the price of lumber is crazy.

just so happened that my kids boy scout troop is rebuilding a bunch of picnic tables for a park and they needed someone to haul off 2 truck loads of lumber.

tonight the boys dissassembled 6 of them and neatly stacked all that wood in the back of my truck. So far we have 12- 2"x12"x8' boards, and too many 2"×6"×8' to count.

its not the best lumber, it has marks, and some bad spots, but its plenty good enough for a few raised beds and you cant beat the price.

i guess im gonna have to really crank up the compost making. ive been slacking the past year or so.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we got one bed all but finished. i decided to try a hukleculture bed (sorry not good at german words) threw a bunch of wood and leaves in and started cleaning out coops to fill it the rest of the way with compost. it will be a fun experiment.
20240406_194235.jpg
20240406_194239.jpg
20240406_194652.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
we have been talking alot about garden expansion. i really want raised beds but the price of lumber is crazy.

just so happened that my kids boy scout troop is rebuilding a bunch of picnic tables for a park and they needed someone to haul off 2 truck loads of lumber.

tonight the boys dissassembled 6 of them and neatly stacked all that wood in the back of my truck. So far we have 12- 2"x12"x8' boards, and too many 2"×6"×8' to count.

its not the best lumber, it has marks, and some bad spots, but its plenty good enough for a few raised beds and you cant beat the price.

i guess im gonna have to really crank up the compost making. ive been slacking the past year or so.
Awesome score 👏

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, you sure lucked out!! 👍 And loaded you up, too. 😁 Heck yeah!! Sounds like maybe you took a little " homesteading" break last year. Glad you're back. Sometimes we need a "time out" to refresh.