screening a lanu

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I want to screen in a cement patio slab open on two sides and make a lania out it. I need to put in a screen door also. It will be attatched to the cement slab on the bottom and the header on top. Need suggestions. I do not want to frame with wood the whole thing just hang the screens and frame for the door.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
o.k. gotta ask the big stupid question-

just what is a lanu or lania?

I have googled it and looked in 3 dictionaries.

Am I the only one who lives so far back in the woods and doesn't know what this is.

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sorry Deb, husband spelled it incorrect. We need to screen one in that comes off of our masterbedroom. By the way southeast such as Fla for example have them as well.It is to enjoy the weather! Does anyone have any ideas? thanx

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh Dianer, so glad it was an spelling error.I thought "am I really that out ot touch, or just stupid" lol
thanks for the pix sylvie, they make it easier to comperhend.

good luck on your project.

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
deb40: you are not stupid!BTW the screened in porch is far cry from the pictures you just looked at. Functional ,neat inexpensive are the goals here!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
dianer29 said:
Sorry Deb, husband spelled it incorrect. We need to screen one in that comes off of our masterbedroom. By the way southeast such as Fla for example have them as well.It is to enjoy the weather! Does anyone have any ideas? thanx
Except we called the Florida rooms. Then when we needed more bedrooms, we just put up curtains on the windows.

Latest posts