Scrounging became CRIMINAL this weekend...

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
We live in a major deer hunting county. The DNR has a device they call "robo-deer" it's a decoy that moves a little, they place it in strategic places and out of season, and watch who will take a shot at it, and....gotcha! :th :hu Somebody has TMTOTH (to much time on their hands).

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
in downtown charleston (charleston county) sc they made this law a long long long time ago

every week these rich people put out super nice furniture and i remember my daddy riding through at the crack of dawn sometimes before and he would get beautiful furniture take them home and redo them.

ronikins

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
i bet people that steal on a regular basis know about these baits. only well-meaning people wouldn't really know about this stuff. i certainly haven't.

this really makes me mad. how many innocent people have they "busted" in this same situation?? it's a load of crap. if they did their jobs to begin with, they could catch the criminals actually commiting the crime!

this reminded me of this story... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...rcover-cop-marijuana-operation_n_1291823.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tony-newman/attractive-undercover-cop_b_1277330.html

entrapment.

FreeForAll

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I couldn't resist... had to sign up to respond.
Why not turn them in for littering, dumping and obstructing property. File complaints, or a suit, with the town council, mayor, etc. They might take notice. If it is public property, you would be fined for doing that. If it's private or public property they can be fined as well. Turnabout is fair play. Look up city statutes against dumping. They're not above their own statutes (not laws). Probably making a few bucks via entrapment.

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL .... If that ATV was in that bad of shape, anyone who wanted to "steal" something of value would have passed! Unless, they were after people stealing scrap. But then put the thing where people have been stealing from... not a dumping ground!

BTW.... I'm a big scavenger too! Picked up tons of great stuff.... However.... I will put out this warning... be careful what you pick! I went to get a carpet out of a ditch once.... there was a body in it!!! Yep, all rolled up nice and neat... a woman in her 30's...guess where I spent the better part of that day! Giving statements! Turns out she was from the Chicago area and they were nice enough to drive her about 80 miles to dump her by me!:rolleyes:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'll admit, finding a body is something I'm afraid I'll find one day and not because I pick up scrap. But, because of the amount of time I spend in the woods!

fisherman

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Is the crime rate so low in that town that the police have to set up their citizens to make it look like they are doing their job?Spending thousands of tax payers dollars trying to make a crime scene?Makes me wonder just who are the crooks,,,,We need Andy Taylor for sheriff :old

Latest posts