Seed catalogs

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just sent off my order for seed potatoes. They are uber expensive if you order from a catalog. But, I want what I want. This year, I'm planting (again) Magic Molly. And, trying Ama Rosa and Austrian Crescent. The latter 2 are fingerlings, and Magic Molly is also considered a fingerling, though it can grow pretty big. Fedco is my "go to". They won't play with Monsanto, have signed OSSI pledge, and participate in copy left programs. Also, they indicate the type of source of all of their seeds, and test a lot of their seed for GMO. All of these details are important to me, in choosing who I give my money to.

They should be dirt cheap considering they are burying millions of lbs of haversted potatoes because the "prosessed" market all but dried up. Because of state government COVID restrictions on restaurants. I watched a news article on it potato growers need 5.00 a bushel to break even, the market price dropped from a high of 15.00 a bushel to a low 3.00 a bushel that is if you can get a buyer at all.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How very sad. And more fulfillment of prophecy. I find it astounding how much covid fits in with fulfilling those prophecies. Setting up for world wide famine here, and all at the hands of man.