Self Insufficient: My procrastination list

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Another thread briefly touched on procrastination. For some reason I am cruising on this forum instead of doing the stuff I am supposed to be doing. Instead of holding you all responsible,(because you are much more interesting than the stuff I am supposed to be doing) I am going to post a little checklist here and see how much I can get through today.

1. Get the compost out of the kitchen and into the pile-I've filled the "overflow"bucket so the lid won't close, and part of a plastic grocery bag!

2. Clean the rabbit cage before it starts to stink.

3. Do at least two loads of laundry.

4. Return some equipment to the lab at work.

5. Edited to add: Buy Coffee, I scraped the bottom of the canister this morning for enough to make one miserable cup :|

That's probably going to do it. Feel free to post your lists too! :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
ROTFLMAO. Best thread title ever :)

I should do the same thing. Here is my list for today and tomorrow:

-get kids outside to play before wind kicks back up -- DONE
-take pix of them in their ant costumes. -- DONE
-clean and refill chicken waterers -- DONE
-at least start digging holes for the 2 remaining posts required for side yard fence -- DID ONE
-repot leetle tiny plants in cold frame
-remove tarp on garlic part of garden, left from when big rain was forecast last weekend -- DONE
-ideally, ride the rideable horse. This is pretty much just a pipedream but hey :p

(edited to add 'dones', of which there would probably be fewer without this thread to spur me onward :p)

Good luck poppycat! :)

Pat

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am right there on the procrastination!

My garden is in need of a Fall over haul...it is incredibly overgrown, but I just went out and harvested a bucket of tomatoes and peppers...so I keep convincing my self it is STILL productive.

That is my biggest project that I will not get to until next weekend.

Today I have:
Cleaning
Laundry
Mop
Make dinner
Make goodie bags for my cheerleaders (last night of practice)
Pack and prepare for Cheer competition on Sunday...really this is taking all my time.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
procastination
where would we be without it? LOL

mine is to plow the fields. just don't want to get out there and rip the land and disc and such. not in the mood. waiting for Tony to do it and then say thanks...HA HA

Also to do final mowing out there around barns and yard and paths and fencelines. Grass slowing down in growing now and final mow should do me for the year....but I don't want to do it.

Take down about 4 monster cypress trees that are dying. Just need to do it, don't want to.

Remove all skeleton trees, limbs, yard junk I threw over the fence for the goats to eat. Pasture near the fence is looking like the aftermath of a hurricane season. Don't want to do it.

Hey Poppycat----if I were you I would do #1 and #2 soon......P U
HA HA HA HA HA

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Update: #1 is done!!!! Rewarding myself with the last piece of pumpkin pie, and a little visit. :frow

Also I'm on the West coast, so it's still morning here, lest you think I'm REALLY lazy ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
This is me replying to this thread: :duc

My list for today:
1. Get Items sold on eBay ready to ship
2. Wash Dishes
3. Bake Halloween Cupcakes
4. Bake the kids promised Pumpkin Pie
5. Leave the Incubator ALONE
6. Help DH stack Firewood
7. SHIP the items sold on eBay
8. Stop at store, get chicken for dinner
9. Make dinner...chicken and dumplings

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
It seems when I haven't settled in my mind exactly how I need to do something, I just can't make myself get started.

I have two major ones- finish the new fencing and put a new roof on the bigger goat shed.

Wha-aaaa--aaaaaa- I don't want to do either-too many decisions to be made and the weather's bad and my hands are cold............... And I haven't made breakfast yet- hmmmmm................ I think I will do that one today- make breakfast..................Yep that sounds good.............

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh man it is already 3:00 but I do have a long list of things I should do when I get home after work...

#1. Add a little more bedding to Chicken Coop number two. Just cause the boys cleaned it out last and I think it needs a little more.

#2. Feed and water all the animals.

#3. Get container that is my friends put in the trunk of my car so I remember to return it tomorrow.

#4. Carve pumpkins with my boys. We have 4 to do.

#5. I would really like to get plastic up on my front door to winterize it. Not sure if this will get done or not but hey I might get on a roll!

Then there is always the daily... dishes, laundry, sweep, clean counters, etc...

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Ugh, if I ever get one of those personalized titles it should be Queen of Procrastination!
Should be:
1. getting my name out to sub in more school districts
2. figuring out what I want to do for a real job and how to make it happen
3. writing the stewardship letter for church
4. laundry-the dryer is finally fixed
5. knitting DH's Christmas scarf
6. cleaning the rabbit cage
7. cleaning the 6 year olds room (I KNOW he should be doing it himself........)
8. figuring out the plan to get DS from school to gymnastics, home into his costume, out trick or treating and back home for a decent but late dinner. Thank goodness Halloween is on a Friday this year!!
9. finding DS's Halloween socks so that he's not frantically looking for them 2 minutes before the bus is due to come tomorrow morning.