Selling homemade salves and lip balms????

chicklunatic

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I was wondering whether or not a person can just begin selling homemade salves and such. Or is there some sort of regulation or guidlines I would have to follow? I am mainly looking at selling locally.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, you can make homemade salves and balms and sell them.

The problems come in when a business starts making claims towards heatlth improvement. It all depends on what you want to do and what your intent is. So much is in how things are worded.

Anyone can recommend a product and say whatever about it but the manufacturer has limits.

When you travel around to different internet sites you will see that some manufacturers do make claims. Others simply post scientific studies on the the product ingredients.

Many a successful alterntaive health product business has been either shut down or run out of the country due to claims and testimonials posted on their site when the FDA gets ticked off at them. In general there are way too many companies out there for the FDA to chase them all down and they ususally don't act unless someone made a complaint. You will find this mainly in regard to cancer treatment products.

For instance, Alpha Omega which makes cancer curing salves was shut down in this country and the owner arrested and spent time in jail, several years, I think. They had a very high success rate in curing certain kinds of cancer with their salves. They took the company to Equador so they could continue selling products. All claims for the products and detailed information has been removed from their website. Now, a number of doctors in Ecquador use these products.

Recently someone told me a story about a small town where someone was making black salve to cure some cancers for the local area. No big business. Just word of mouth. The FDA got wind of it and set up a sting. They ended up arresting a chiropractor that refered a sting client to a woman who made a black salve that he felt worked. They both got arrested but it really didn't have legal legs to stand on so no one was in jail for very long. The maker had no written claims anywhere to be found.

The local newspaper in this small town wrote the story and printed the salve formula and how to make it! :old

A statement for constitutional freedom of choice and the perfect revenge against the FDA by this newspaper, I would say. Now many people in this area use this salve recipe I have been told and it has helped many people including my friend who had stage 2 to 3 melanoma.
:clap

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Mackay....couldn't put your hands on that list of ingredients, could you? :) I have a patient right now that could sure use it....

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would look into your state and local laws on that stuff. Maybe even look into the rules of the local farmers market if that is where you plan to sell.

I'm assuming you are just doing creams and lip balms that are just to keep your skin moist and no medical claims. More than likely if that is all you are doing, you probably don't have to get any special permits or anything. You may have to get a vendors license to sell things though. Once again, look into you local laws.

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Mackay....couldn't put your hands on that list of ingredients, could you? :) I have a patient right now that could sure use it....
That's what i was going to say. I mean, i don't have any patients. I would just like to file the recipe somewhere.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When it comes to black salves I will tell you what others have told me. You will likely be better off to purchase a product rather than make one. The best cancer salves have a chemical in it that is now restricted and requires hazmat shipping which makes it quite unaffordable for most people to go about making their own.

The best black salves I have come across are sold by Alpha Omega Labs which has relocated from Colorado to Ecquador due to harrassment from the FDA. They have a reputation for making excellent products. Their new site is www.altcancer.com Unfortuanately they are still on the run from the long hand of the US FDA. The owner was recently arrested again in an airport in Ecquador.. not sure where he is at now. His wife is an ND and she was running the company alone last I heard as of January. The site use to have lots of information on black salves and testimonials etc. but most of that has been removed. There products use to be called Cansema but have a new name now, Amazon. Formulas have not been changed.

The good thing about these black salves is that the shelf life is indefinate... people have used them up to 10 years after purchase. They may last longer. It is a good product to have in long term survival gear. It has a track record for being very effective with melanoma but you really need to know how to use it and how to manage the applications and dressings unless you are absolutely sure your tumor is fairly small.

For this knowledge I recommend the book by Ingred Naiman, that is a detailed work on using black salves, dressings, assessments with photos, and even recipes for making your own. Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Cancer-Salves...1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276271184&sr=1-1-spell golly! I have that book but certainly didn't pay that much for it! But if you are going to self treat a melanoma it is essential and the reason being is that often melanoma is much larger than it appears from the outside so the dressing changes and assessments become somewhat more involved.

I got into all this research because I had a very small melanoma many years ago sugically removed. Since then I have had patients who were dying from melanomas they had removed 20 and 30 years ago. So that was a wake up call for me.... and these days I have no insurance.... not that I would go that route anyway. Just wanted to be prepared with knowledge for whatever may or maynot come.

I will say this though, I have known several people who have used black salve and were quite successful, even one woman with a large melanoma deeply imbedded into her leg muscle. She is doing well after quite a few years now.. http://truthquest2.com/

and because medical doctors often cannot see where these tumors begin and end they often do not "get it all" and hence people end up dying from melanoma as it spreads after surgery though out the body, although sometimes not for many years later when they find it in their liver or elsewhere inside.

For other skin cancers I would not necessarily use black salve but you could. There is a plant called Pretty Spurge (euphorbia peplus) that is effective on basal and sarcoma skin cancers and it works similar to black salve. I have a very nice document on it that I can send to anyone who may be interested. PM me. t

If cancer is extensive thoughout the body it is good to use an oral product also, usually, but not always, bloodroot. There are some great products with Amazon rainforest herbs these days. Always seek a good reputable suplier for Amazon rainforest products as there are poor quality products out there.

If you search around the net you will find several black salve products with different ingredients. If there is melanoma you really need the type with zinc chlorite in it. ( I hope I have that right, I will double check) Thats the one that requires the hazmat shipping.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
many doctors around the world use escharics. If that happened to that womans nose they would have done dam near the same thing to her in surgery. Her whole nose must have been cancerous because the escharic only destroys cancer. Unfortuante as it might be she would have lost her nose anyway

Have you ever seen people with half their face removed by a surgeons knife due to cancer... with their nose or jaw actually removed? I have, and more times than I care to remember.

Is that all Barnett has been able to dig up since 1984? Not managed to get more updated terror stories?

Always healthcare is a matter of personal choice. Inform yourself well.

kristenm1975

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My grandparents are farmers and live simple lives. When they were both diagnosed with cancer (he had skin cancer, she had a tumor in her breast) they took the natural care route. My uncle knew shepherds who had the formula for the black salve and according to Grandma, they made it from plants around them. The salve was applied to the cancerous growths and the area got very inflamed and sore. About 24 hours later, a neat clean section of tissue fell off. They brought these to the doctor who diagnosed them and he confirmed it was the cancer.

Now, I'd be leery of trying this myself, to say the least! But I've seen my grandpa's face and see how he's doing and I'm pretty impressed.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, it its pretty impressive and I hav known a number of people who have used the black salve as well as pretty spurge, a plant medicine that you can grow yourself. I think people should have these seeds in their personal seed bank. I am about to grow some pretty spurge myself to treat my husbands AK, that he has on his arms. Its not cancerous but a precancerous condition. actinic keratosis (AK),