Selling homemade salves and lip balms????

Dreams

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I have been doing some reading on this as I wanted to make a simple black salve for splinters and cuts, and came across the bloodroot information. One of the first posts I saw was that quackwatch link and I hate to say it but from everything else I have been researching, it seems Alpha Omega just has too high of a zinc chloride ratio, which apparently attacks healthy cells/skin as well as diseased. Those that used this product from Alpha Omega were the only ones affected in such a way. Yes, using bloodroot salve (black salve) aka multiple other names, can cause some pain, discomfort and ultimately an open wound that needs to be well cared for... but there are recipes out there that have done nothing but good for people, and not caused the same issues Alpha Omega products have.

http://bloodrootblacksalve.com/
Though this isn't the only source I found, there are places out there that carry the bloodroot salve.. I am not so sure I want to dabble in that, though making some and keeping it locked up high in the cabinet for a WHAT IF is not a far fetched idea.

As far as giving this or anything that could cause a rather large unsightly crater in another persons face or other area of their body, despite what they will do to get rid of cancer, you can never please everyone, and someone is likely to be upset if they have not fully done their own research. I would be hesitant.