Selling my Eggs - Suggestions.... Chicken eggs that is

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
I sell my eggs word of mouth through my husband and daughter on their jobs. I sell for $3 a dozen and am able to sell all I have. One person even offered me $5.
Lol. Yeah I don't work, and neither does my mum aside from the farm. My dad is putting the word out at his work but that is over an hour and a half away in Toronto. In the summer when the chicks were just little wee ones one of our neighbours said they'd buy some. So we'll see what happens when I put the sign down the end of the driveway!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
prairiegirl said:
I really like the label - very catchy and professional.

We have a heck of a time selling eggs around here. It's not that the area is saturated with egg sellers, people just aren't impressed with fresh eggs and/or don't want to pay for quality. We do have one lady that will buy when we have them.
Last year, we donated our extras to the local food pantry. Did that for a year.

Best of luck!
Same here! People just do not want to pay more for fresh when they can get plain 'ole eggs in the store for less. :rolleyes:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
prairiegirl said:
I really like the label - very catchy and professional.

We have a heck of a time selling eggs around here. It's not that the area is saturated with egg sellers, people just aren't impressed with fresh eggs and/or don't want to pay for quality. We do have one lady that will buy when we have them.
Last year, we donated our extras to the local food pantry. Did that for a year.

Best of luck!
Same here! People just do not want to pay more for fresh when they can get plain 'ole eggs in the store for less. :rolleyes:
Pssh, some people are so cheap! ... In the summer our area is Cottage central and people from Toronto can't get enough of the farm fresh idea. We're going to be at the market in the spring selling eggs and other hobby farm goodies.

PS. have any of you used Sheeps wool in your nest boxes? How about Poodle wool (When you shave your poodles down?), or that hamster fluff you can buy for hamster houses?

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's a good idea! Next time I trim my poodles I will put their hair in the nesting boxes and see what happens.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh man guys, I am NOT feeding this Organic layer I bought to my chickens. Someone on BYC said it looks to be filled with Chaff, and they're right. I was emptying it and I almost choked to death on the dust. Since this is the only brand the mills sell, I am using this bag as scratch grains and never buying it again. Going back to good old regular Layer, and buying a bag of that tomorrow. It's cheaper anyway.

organiclayer.jpg

Check that out, plus there is NO protein info on the label, and there appears to be like nothing in it. Only like Oats. Seriously.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Sorry you got bad feed!
I still think it would be more lucrative for you to sell one of YOUR eggs for $7K!!! :lol:

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
Sorry you got bad feed!
I still think it would be more lucrative for you to sell one of YOUR eggs for $7K!!! :lol:
LOL. Ah well! Theres a lot of roughage in that chaff, it's going into the run for picking during the day. I'm getting new feed tomorrow, I just can't be bothered with this organic business now LOL.

Check out my pretty eggs, I have a pinkish egg layer! She lays brown eggs that are a bit tinted pink.

eggs2.jpg

eggs3.jpg

lmfao, I keep getting these HUGEEEEEEEE eggs from one of my girls, I should sell 1 dozen of those as 2 dozen LOL.