Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It’s a drizzly day. I had 2 rows ready in the garden for planting English peas. I left BJ, Sentry and Carson in the house, ran out and got my English peas planted. These dogs have it rough.

Carson always sleeps in the weirdest positions.

DF942D8B-0874-4305-881B-BC436561AA9C.jpeg

Your dog is drunk

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our dogs are spoiled. Trip, Carson and Sentry are asleep on the floor right now. Paris is in her dog house. She never comes in.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I don't think Baby Bear is the only dog that sleeps upside down. my setter sleeps on his back probably half the time.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I gave my wife's dog the bone out of my t-bone. I guess he eat it without chewing it up enough. When I took him out the following evening to poop. He must have passed a big piece of bone. He was yelping while taking a poop. No blood or anything but geeze poor guy... Needs to learn to chew up bones better.

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for introducing us to Sentry @baymule! We look forward to seeing more of him - congrats, he's featured on our homepage! :thumbsup

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks. It wasn’t meant to be a chronical of hip dysplasia but that is what it has morphed into. Maybe our experience can help someone else facing this problem. Or even better yet, be extremely careful in purchasing a puppy.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for introducing us to Sentry @baymule! We look forward to seeing more of him - congrats, he's featured on our homepage! :thumbsup

same here! i'm hoping for many more years of interesting stories. i think he's already shown he's a character of the notable sort.

plus it is often those who are challenged which have to figure out how to do things in smarter ways to get by while everyone else can just skate along and not notice. i consider each of them kindred spirits. :) we do what we can, we may be crafty, if you pay attention you might learn something, etc. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had our grand daughters for the past week. One morning it was raining, I realized that my corn, drying on the stalk for cornmeal, was getting wet, so I ran out and picked all of it. I sat on the porch, stripping the husks back and tying them in bunches. The 3 year old came out on the porch to play. Sentry was hanging out on the porch, enjoying chewing on a bone.

Here came the 3 year old and she grabbed Sentry's bone. He didn't want to give it up and bit down on it. Now this is a food aggressive dog with the other dogs and he will run Carson off his food. We have to monitor them at meal times. So I was watching, coiled like a watch spring, ready to come down on him with all the fury of a protective Mamaw. She continued to pull and tug on the bone, finally wrenching it out of his mouth. He wrinkled up his face, ears up, like he was saying, "That's MY bone!" Not a growl, not a snap of teeth, no aggression whatsoever. Then she started running back and forth the length of the porch with his bone. He followed, with that wrinkled face that is so darn cute, making no effort to reclaim his bone. She finally offered his bone back and he gently took it from her fingers. I was proud of him.

Latest posts