Sept 2020 - Construction Lumber Prices

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We went to check prices on sheet metal today. They must totally love DH. He was told he could buy the cover sheets for $1 a foot so basically the protective, outer sheet metal. We ended up buying 199 feet of various colors.

$1 a foot, just for him you say? Thank you Almighty 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Underground is only good if you live at a higher elevation. Meaning, nothing coastal! Can't happen where you are....here either.

We built a log cabin of cedar once. Bolts went thru the logs at intervals, so vertically connected. If it went, it was gonna be a huge chunk to fly around!!🙂. It's still there.
When I say underground I more mean above ground and bury it under several truckloads of earth. I guess bermed would be a better word for it. I already have a slab and the pilings were buried 4 feet in concrete filled holes before the slab was put. I have seen a little water just covering the slab but it might have a hard time getting in if it’s buried and I can probably pump out a low spot. It really hasn’t flooded much here since our levee was complete although the US Army Corp of Engineers does not approve of it..same people who did make and approve New Orleans levee system though. 🤷‍♀️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice charts here that I stumbled across one day.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸