Setting up shop! (Welcome to "Lulu's".)

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm excited for you and your daughter! Best of luck!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Ok, long story short: I need some extra cashola to help support my teenaged daughter's budding hobby. (She is going to be helping me after homework, school and lessons, because this is her hobby and I want her involved.) Sooo, I'm going to rent a booth at the indoor flea market we have here in town. The booth I am thinking about renting is 8 x 6 priced at $100 per month + 10% of what I can sell in it. They also have a big room in the back for stuff that doesn't fit, but they charge a 25% consignment fee for that if it sells. It is a month to month lease with a 30 day notice of vacating. (They advertise all over, but I will double advertise via craigslist.) Here is what I'm going to sell:

all homemade:
soaps
laundry detergent
dish soap
candles
lip balms
aprons (if I can)
tea towels
reusable reversible grocery bags/toats
cloth reversible purses
felted wool pot holders and cup holders
cloth napkins
felted children's toys
wool hats
wool scarves
wool stuffed ticked pillows (remember I had sheep)
pillow covers for the wool stuffed pillows
baby blankets

And other used stuff that I have no use for anymore:
Vintage purse collection
other vintage clothes I collected over the years
Crosby english saddle
very nice english bridle
other horse items
table/chairs
small tufted reading chair
cute linens
house plants
garden plant starts
Sam's huge collection of children's dvds and books

Question, (and I'm sure I will have more so don't count them! ;) ) has anyone done this and if so, do you have any advice?

Does my list of items look good enough? Is there anything I should add that would help the cause?

Also I plan on having a theme as far as decor goes. I can paint the shelves etc what ever color I want. Help, this is not my strong area! I wan't it to have a country farmhouse theme...or maybe you have a better idea.

What sort of containers should I use for my laundry powder etc? The hand soap is going to be wrapped simply in unbleached craft paper and stamped "handmade" etc. I have a thin black plaid ribbon to tie it with.

How about price tags? Where can I get some?

Now that I'm thinking about it, am I totally crazy? Is my overhead too high??? Granted, I won't have to work up there, someone else does that
I have been working on this idea myself. We have a storefront building by the road....so I won't have to rent space anywhere. Mind if I tag along and see what kinds of ideas and responses you get?

myzanya

Power Conserver
Reaction score
way to get it together...
I'm planning to sell seed starts, and products
at the farmers market this year...but you have got some great ideas