Setting up shop! (Welcome to "Lulu's".)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Unless she displays them by a washboard and bar of lye soap and has a good little sign...which she will probably need anyway. Folks aren't the brightest, even with pics on the package.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
So many great suggestions here!

I like the brown bag idea so far, but agree a wash day theme would be better instead of the bird. What if you used a couple of cheap wooden clothes pins to close the top of the bag? You could even have them say "laundry soap" down the pin, display the price, or something else.

I really like the personal touch of the sheep involved being named on the item, (even if you are not really sure who supplied that particular wool ;)) as well as the posted pictures. That will give lots of people more reason to buy.

This should be great fun. I hope you make a mint!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
You could even find a big old galvanized tub and an old washboard to act as the display. Pile the bags into the washtub and attach your sign to the washboard. Something like this. That should grab some attention. ;)

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On the theme of Country, I thought this would be a cute logo to put on your products....
I love Sunbonnet Sue! Here she is doing some laundry...
SunbonnetSueWashPanemail.jpg

from a dish towel and matching dishclothes made for a gift earlier this year.

GiftforMattemail-1.jpg

My specialty is making labels and gift cards for my homemade gifts.
I have come up with a few designs that are pretty simple.

Here is a card for a Herbal Bath Sachet.

BathcardemailTalya01.jpg

Here is the inside of the card.
HadarBathCardInsideemail.jpg

I think people enjoy things that have a "story" behind them.
For my goat milk soaps I have a few different labels.

VfemeditedLabelemailJPG.jpg

LabelsforSoapRoundTypeemail.jpg

LabelGoatEatingHateditedemail.jpg

Here is the back of the label, I need to straighten it out, when enlarged it looks really crooked!!
SoapLabelTextemail.jpg

For my eggs I have this label
HalfDozenLabelemail.jpg

Last week I made some goat cheese and came up with this label for it.
GoatCheeseTorteLabelpixemail.jpg

For things I sew I have this sew in label that I had made at "Big Frog" they do computer printing on fabric.
HanMeDownFinishedTagemail.jpg

I don't sell my stuff, I only give it as gifts, but I think the labels and cards make my gifts more professional looking.
And people enjoy reading them. I have seen my cards and labels under magnets on people's refrigerators for months and months!

So that would be my advice, make the packaging and print media interesting and unusual, make it something that they will just HAVE to buy!! (If only to reuse your ideas!)

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh and I just thought of this card I had one year I made crochet dishclothes for all of my family members.
CardforDishclothsemail.jpg

Hope the photos are helping you.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
OMG the clothes pin idea is wonderful!!!! You guys rock!!! I have a small wash board and was going to make a display with teensytiny clothes pins and tiny cut out felt shirts hanging on a string....

I wish I could give all of you a big HUG!! :hugs Thanks so much, you have no idea how much you have inspired me!

Rebbetzin, those ideas are wonderful! Can I find Sunbonnet Sue images on line or is it a sewing/crochet pattern?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Be very careful with images when you are SELLING a product. Use only public domain images or items from Flicker Creative Commons advanced search that are approved for commercial use. For example THIS ONE click on the license agreement to see this photo you will see it is OK for commercial use but the photographer wants a by line. Fair enough.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Be very careful with images when you are SELLING a product. Use only public domain images or items from Flicker Creative Commons advanced search that are approved for commercial use. For example THIS ONE click on the license agreement to see this photo you will see it is OK for commercial use but the photographer wants a by line. Fair enough.
:thumbsup