Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses you mentioned other things you can do with the same skills. That's what my friend is doing now. She has moved from her sewing and alterations to making doll clothes for 18" dolls

I used to make matching doll clothes for my GDDs, with their outfits I made them. They loved it.

Many want to buy such things for holiday gifts for their DD & GDDs. I found that the dog blankets are popular since many of the dogs don't fit the ones in stores. Not enough adjustments. Those little fat dogs no longer fit. :D They need the short back but way more belly band and deeper openings at neck on top side, longer around front for chest. So easy to make. Plus you can use "scrap" materials. Make and sell at animal swaps, etc.

Those cute little dresses....my friend used to sell them for me at her beauty shop (and my goat soaps). Those grannies bought a lot of such things. Hey, they were there & it was easy.

It takes a while to find your niche but, so doable. Just keep your eyes open for outlets. Your friend has one via HER friend. It's a network. :love

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bought a few. And adapted a mini horse blanket pattern...for large dogs. Foal blankets for smaller dogs. The little dogs, you pretty much have to measure and adjust the patterns you buy for the svelte ones :D Craft section of most pattern books.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love the pretty thingies that hold and dispenses plastic grocery bags...can't find them in the stores any longer but will often find them at craft fairs and flea markets. Unfortunately, when I do find them they aren't in a fabric print I'd want to hang in the bathroom, where we actually use those.

There's huge money in chicken clothing if you have a website or Etsy site for marketing them...

https://www.pamperyourpoultry.com/

https://www.etsy.com/market/clothes_for_chickens

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Chicken saddles!!! Offer some gussy ones, and offer some in practical colors that won't draw attention to the bird. I think a reversible would be very practical. Denim/calico. That way the hen could dress in her Sunday best, as well as her kick around the farm garb, according to her mood!

@Beekissed Time to give those grand girls some sewing lessons. Making those plastic bag dispensers is a super easy project. They could make one for their mom, as well as every other special person in their lives. I bet, even Uncle E would like one in a manly print!

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am also seriously considering getting heavy into sewing. I think I can clear out one small bedroom in the house and turn it into a sewing room and I just interviewed for a really cushy job that I can do just about anything so figured I can get some cutting in and maybe hand stitches. I had been thinking about it a while and then one of my friends said on Facebook that we should have a plus size boutique locally. I was tempted to say…or a seamstress who knows how to take measurements.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There was a time when I sewed a LOT. It's enjoyable but time consuming. Some days I think about doing some but, that easily leaves my thoughts. 😁. A dedicated space is only way to go!