Reaction score
Offer Schlomi. :gig

That's gotta be a punchline!

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
eggs4sale said:
He's from Israel????

The prostitute, was she a she or a she/he?

I laugh every time I hear him say "You're gonna love my nuts!"

Thanks, Davaroo, for filling in the Vince void.

An Israeli named Vince?????????
His given name is Offer - not to be confused with the serendipitous application of the English word "offer."
In another part of the world, it is a name, apparently.

The hooker was a woman. Some have alluded that she was a minion of the Scientologists, meant to discredit him. That backfired.

Too, he didn't start out selling towels and choppers. Those were sidelines that eventually stuck. While not a pitchman extraordinaire, he has gotten the delivery down pat.

Steph

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi!:) I just came across this lovely forum and this particular post peeked my interest. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I know it's an older post, but I too use a lot of paper towels and I use ziplock bags for everything under the sun and would love to hear if any have since come up with anymore ideas.

With regard to the ziplock bags, I wash and reuse as much as possible. My kitchen looks insane sometimes with all the bags hanging around to dry on stuff. But I found that it works a hole lot better to dry them out as I wash them. It's kind of a pain, but keeps my kitchen tidier. I'm all for finding a better alternative to this mess. I have also heard that the cheaper bags ones contain all sorts of toxic chemicals that leach into our food. Yuck! They say to use glass containers as opposed to plastic bags and containers, but how would that fit into a lunch box???:rolleyes:

I too use the shammy product and buy from the same website(shammysolutions.com) as another poster. But I get the ex large size and cut them down to wash cloth size. I do this because I like the thicker ones for absorbing and wringing out. And it's more economical because I can get many cloths out of each sheet. Plus my daughter and I like to use them as wash cloths in the shower. But I must confess, I still use paper towels, in spite of my best efforts to kick the habit. There are just certain things they work better for.
That's just my 2 cents anyway. ;)

Glad to be here!
Steph

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use sham wows on the horses after a bath :D I hate hand grazing, I'm not a groomer person either, so it makes my life sooo much better. I also use those car hand towels to shine your car to gloss up the horses coat and polish on show sheen ;)

Steph

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting! So the shammy makes the coat shinier?
I too use them for bathing our dog. But he has coarse wiry hair. For some reason, my dog goes nuts over them. He could care less about towels. But when I get a shammy out he practically dries himself. He'll rub all over those things. It's quite silly to see.

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How funny...I was just thinking about switching from paper towels to bar rags then I saw this post!! We use bar rags at work (commercial kitchen) and it dawned on me that I could eliminate our nasty paper towel consumption by using them at home!!

I like the idea of a shammy for it's absorption factor since my little guy still tends to spill things frequently. Gonna get a few and see if we can make a transition!!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well I started using cloth napkins because DH's family used them. I'd never met them before outside of fancy restaurants. Now, I am hooked. I'll have to check out the trader joes for the shammycloths. I'll be going there after the inspector gets done.

I tend to buy recycled paper products for things like TP and paper towels. I feel it at least helps cut down the amount of tree harvesting. And we have a bidet so that helps cut down on the TP use.

Ziplocs? I'm not giving up my ziplocs. They're my storage solution of choice for a lot of stuff. I always feel like I have insufficient freezer space, so I'm totally into using the ziplocs to minimize that. I love the ziplocs that work with the manual vacuum pump.

Ooh - I think I hear an inspector. :fl

Steph

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
yourbadd said:
How funny...I was just thinking about switching from paper towels to bar rags then I saw this post!! We use bar rags at work (commercial kitchen) and it dawned on me that I could eliminate our nasty paper towel consumption by using them at home!!

I like the idea of a shammy for it's absorption factor since my little guy still tends to spill things frequently. Gonna get a few and see if we can make a transition!!
Yes, I second that on the absorption factor! I have soaked up all kinds of stuff from my carpet with a shammy. And it was a Godsend when our dog was little. I can't tell you how many pee wee's I cleaned up. :/

Steph

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
Ziplocs? I'm not giving up my ziplocs. They're my storage solution of choice for a lot of stuff. I always feel like I have insufficient freezer space, so I'm totally into using the ziplocs to minimize that. I love the ziplocs that work with the manual vacuum pump.

Ooh - I think I hear an inspector. :fl
Those look like a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Pooh - the free sample link doesn't work anymore.

I've long been a conservative user of paper towels, and I stopped buying them altogether about 8 months ago. I still have a partial roll hanging in the garage. I bought a couple dozen of what are probably recycled white hotel washcloths at the flea market and use those for cleaning. They are easy to tell from my facecloths and body cloths, so I always wash them separately and bleach as needed.

What I miss are having paper towels or napkins to drain fried food.

As far as vacuum seal bags, I usually wash and put them inside-out over a glass or something to dry. I do still use ziplocs -- hard addiction to break! but mostly for freezer stuff. I tend to reuse glass jars in the fridge if I can, and I do have a supply of plastic bowls with snap-on lids ... Except almost none of my many lids seem to fit any of my many bowls. :plbb

One of these days I'm going to invest in one of those NICE sets of glass storage containers for the fridge. :)