SheriM - Too Stubborn to Stop Dreamin' - SURPRISE!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new baby!!!! and on her being a GIRL!!!!!!!!!

I have a bottle baby goat, too, but we purchased her from the auction last Monday.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Congrats on the baby girl. It's a good thing you felt compelled to check on her.

Waiting on the pictures . . .

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, it looks like we've got a house guest. The baby goat was quite weak this morning, so I brought her in and tube fed her. She's now snoozing on a heating pad. I'm hoping she'll be okay and that it will warm up enough for her to go back to living in the barn soon, but that remains to be seen.

Here's a picture we snapped while she was warming up in my lap beside the wood stove.

705__img3149.jpg

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Two and a half hours after tube feeding her, she's standing and has pooped and peed. Never thought I'd be so glad to see a puddle of urine on my rug! :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, I missed a couple of days and so much has been happening. First off. Welcome!! Congratulations on the puppies and new baby girl goat.

I think you will find this forum a comfort. It's always nice to have a place to vent and share your joys. I find there is always an ear available.

You are a gifted writer and that alone is a blessing. A way to cleanse your soul. Feel free to write around here anytime. :)

I don't have a farm, just a couple acres. I do have chickens and garden. With three kids under the age of eight things get a bit hectic for me. My husband was diagnosed with cancer in Dec of 2007. Thank goodness it was operable. I know how easy it is to be overwhelmed. I think one thing to remember is just do what you can. It's that simple. At least it's better than nothing.

I hope to see more pics of your animals. gina

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Awwwwww so cute! What does goat pee smell like???
Actually, baby goat pee doesn't have much of a smell at all, really, but if you happen to be kneeling in a small stall helping a kid when a new mom squats, that's a WHOLE different ball game. :sick

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Wow, I missed a couple of days and so much has been happening. First off. Welcome!! Congratulations on the puppies and new baby girl goat.

I think you will find this forum a comfort. It's always nice to have a place to vent and share your joys. I find there is always an ear available.

You are a gifted writer and that alone is a blessing. A way to cleanse your soul. Feel free to write around here anytime. :)

I don't have a farm, just a couple acres. I do have chickens and garden. With three kids under the age of eight things get a bit hectic for me. My husband was diagnosed with cancer in Dec of 2007. Thank goodness it was operable. I know how easy it is to be overwhelmed. I think one thing to remember is just do what you can. It's that simple. At least it's better than nothing.

I hope to see more pics of your animals. gina
Hi, and thanks for the welcome. The past couple of weeks have certainly reminded me of the ups and downs of farming. And you're right, my writing is a blessing, one I'm thankful for every single day.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, but I'm glad the outcome was positive.