Sherrynboo's journal

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
You sound like me on the waiting. I've got to get busy planting cabbage and brocolli for some customers. I'm waiting on the seeds to arrive. Hopefully, the brocolli and cabbage sets can go out within the first 2 weeks of March.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! where did you get monkeys? I love that they groom the cats! My cats would probably go crazy if a monkey tried to groom them... :lol:

Sherrynboo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Lori, that is one of her two cats. I found them when they were about 3 weeks old on a creek bank and brought them home with the intention of giving them away when they were about 8 weeks old. Well Ms. Amos decided those were her babies and they still are to this day. The one in the picture with the monkey sits at the sliding glass door every evening when it is time for me to go and get Ms. Amos in for the night. He loves her and she loves him and his sister. Lilly, the other cat is the only living thing that I have ever seen Ms. Amos try to share food with. She sure won't share it with me or the other monkeys!

Sherry

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Sherrynboo said:
Lori, that is one of her two cats. I found them when they were about 3 weeks old on a creek bank and brought them home with the intention of giving them away when they were about 8 weeks old. Well Ms. Amos decided those were her babies and they still are to this day. The one in the picture with the monkey sits at the sliding glass door every evening when it is time for me to go and get Ms. Amos in for the night. He loves her and she loves him and his sister. Lilly, the other cat is the only living thing that I have ever seen Ms. Amos try to share food with. She sure won't share it with me or the other monkeys!

Sherry
Awww...that is just too precious. We humans could learn lessons from animal friendships.

Sherrynboo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well my soapmaking supplies came in today! I am still going to wait until Friday to make it though. Today was a rough day, Wednesdays always are. All I could do when I got home was lay on the couch for about 1/2 an hour before having to do the feeding and milking around here.
On Wednesdays I have one LARGE house I clean every week then either another large one right behind it or else one a tad smaller but messier, depending on the week. This week it was the two large ones back to back. I sure wish I could make a living off of the farm and soapmaking:) Tomorrow won't be so bad but I am off on Friday so that is my day for playing with soap!

Sherry in GA

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Is this your first time making soap? I have never made soap before! Let us know how it turns out! What scents are you making?? A lavender or citrus one would be so nice!

Sherrynboo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Oh no Pam. I have been making soap for years now! I have one bar left of the lavendar that I made after Thanksgiving. I gave a lot away at Christmas. I think that is my all time favorite scent with raspberry/vanilla being second. I got in some Lily of the Valley and Autumn something or other today and they both smell pretty good. I prefer to use essential oils but these fragrance oils were on sale so I got them. Most people don't really care anyway from what I have found. I have used a Citrus Fantasy fragrance oil from Hobby Lobby and that was a great scent!

Sherry

Latest posts